Francesca Maria Carozzi
Affiliation: Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica
- Triage with human papillomavirus testing of women with cytologic abnormalities prompting referral for colposcopy assessmentFrancesca Maria Carozzi
Analytical and Biomolecular Cytology Unit, Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzionc Oncologica, Florence, Italy
Cancer 105:2-7. 2005..The current study was conducted to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of triaging for colposcopy using human papillomavirus (HPV) testing...
- Conventional pap smear and liquid-based cervical cytology smear: comparison from the same patientMassimo Confortini
Cytopathology Unit, Borgo San Lorenzo Hospital, Florence, Italy
Tumori 88:288-90. 2002..The results of blind reading of smears obtained with liquid-based cytology in patients previously screened by conventional cytology were compared...
- Combined analysis of HPV DNA and p16INK4a expression to predict prognosis in ASCUS and LSIL pap smearsFrancesca Maria Carozzi
CSPO, Scientific Institute of Tuscany Region, Analytical Cytology and Biomolecular Unit, Florence, Italy
Coll Antropol 31:103-6. 2007..In conclusion, overexpression of p16INK4a acts as potential biomarkers for cervical cancer progression from premalignant lesions...
- [Biological basis for HPV vaccines]Francesca Maria Carozzi
UO Citologia analitica e molecolare, CSPO, Istituto scientifico prevenzione oncologica, Firenze
Epidemiol Prev 31:92-9. 2007
- Agreement between the AMPLICOR Human Papillomavirus Test and the Hybrid Capture 2 assay in detection of high-risk human papillomavirus and diagnosis of biopsy-confirmed high-grade cervical diseaseFrancesca Carozzi
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Unità Operativa Citologia Analitica e Molecolare, Via Cosimo il Vecchio 2, 50127 Firenze, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 45:364-9. 2007..7% of cases, while 21% of cases were negative. In conclusion, AMP provides a viable alternative to HC2, with good agreement for samples with high-grade cytology and similar sensitivity in detecting CIN2+ lesions...
- Four-year results of low-dose CT screening and nodule management in the ITALUNG trialAndrea Lopes Pegna
Pneumonology Department, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 8:866-75. 2013..We report subjects' compliance and results of LDCT screening and management protocol in the active arm of the ITALUNG trial...
- Reproducibility of HPV DNA Testing by Hybrid Capture 2 in a Screening SettingFrancesca Maria Carozzi
Center for Study and Prevention of Cancer CSPO, Florence, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 124:716-21. 2005..91, 0.60, and 0.69 with PreservCyt and 0.93, 0.87, and 0.90 with STM. Our data showed high reliability and reproducibility with HC2, with values higher for STM than ThinPrep (Cytyc) samples...
- Molecular profile in body fluids in subjects enrolled in a randomised trial for lung cancer screening: Perspectives of integrated strategies for early diagnosisFrancesca Maria Carozzi
Analytical and Biomolecular Cytology Unit, ISPO Cancer Prevention and Research Institute, Via Cosimo il Vecchio 2, 50139 Florence, Italy
Lung Cancer 68:216-21. 2010..This study, embedded in an early diagnosis randomised trial, suggests that a multi-screening approach integrating imaging technique and a biomolecular marker panel is worth of further investigation...
- Is human papillomavirus screening preferable to current policies in vaccinated and unvaccinated women? A cost-effectiveness analysisGabriele Accetta
Biostatistics Unit, ISPO Cancer Research and Prevention Institute, Via Cosimo il Vecchio 2, 50139 Florence, Italy
J Med Screen 17:181-9. 2010..The introduction of new technologies such as HPV DNA testing and HPV vaccination requires cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer strategies in Italy for both vaccinated and unvaccinated women...
- Prognostic significance of p53 and Ki-67 antigen expression in surgically treated non-small cell lung cancer: immunocytochemical detection with imprint cytologyCristina Maddau
Cytopathology Unit, Center for Study and Cancer Prevention, Florence, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 125:425-31. 2006....
- Design, recruitment and baseline results of the ITALUNG trial for lung cancer screening with low-dose CTAndrea Lopes Pegna
Pneumology Department, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
Lung Cancer 64:34-40. 2009..We report design and results of enrolment and baseline screening test in the ITALUNG trial, a RCT...