Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Centro Cardiologico Monzino
- Statins prevent tissue factor induction by protease-activated receptors 1 and 2 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells in vitroC Banfi
Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 9:1608-19. 2011....
- Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species: a common pathway for PAR1- and PAR2-mediated tissue factor induction in human endothelial cellsC Banfi
Monzino Cardiologic Center IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 7:206-16. 2009..PARs regulate a broad range of cellular functions and are involved in the pathogenesis of inflammatory disorders. Moreover, PAR1 and PAR2 activation in the endothelium shifts it toward a prothrombotic condition...
- Tissue factor induction by protease-activated receptor 1 requires intact caveolin-enriched membrane microdomains in human endothelial cellsC Banfi
Monzino Cardiologic Centre IRCCS, and Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Parea 4, Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 5:2437-44. 2007..Signaling through PAR1 and PAR2 shifts the endothelium towards a prothrombotic phenotype, thereby exacerbating the initial pathophysiologic condition...
- Oxidized LDLs influence thrombotic response and cyclooxygenase 2C Banfi
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 67:169-73. 2002..Among lipid constituents of oxLDLs, Ox-PAPC, a mixture of oxidized arachidonic acid-containing phospholipids, prevents Cox-2 expression, suggesting that it could be considered responsible for the biological activity of oxLDLs...
- Proteomic profile of differentially expressed plasma proteins from dystrophic mice and following suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid treatmentC Colussi
Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Proteomics Clin Appl 4:71-83. 2010..The further development of these compounds as drugs for DMD treatment is currently hampered by the lack of knowledge about DIs effect in large dystrophic animal models and that of suitable biomarkers to monitor their efficacy...
- [PAI-1, the primary plasmatic inhibitor of fibrinolysis. Physiopathologic role and molecular mechanisms]C Banfi
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche, , Milan, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 27:181-91. 2002..It now seems reasonable to view PAI-1 as one of the factors contributing to the complex gene-environment interactions involved in the formation and dissolution of thrombi...
- Surfactant protein B and RAGE increases in the plasma during cardiopulmonary bypass: a pilot studyP Agostoni
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, IRCCS, Dept of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eur Respir J 37:841-7. 2011..This behaviour was confirmed when RAGE and SPB were normalised for protein content. Parallel changes were observed for immature SPB. Plasma RAGE and SPBs are sensitive and rapid markers of lung distress...