M T Voso
Affiliation: Catholic University
- Voso M, Scardocci A, Guidi F, Zini G, Di Mario A, Pagano L, et al. Aberrant methylation of DAP-kinase in therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes. Blood. 2004;103:698-700 pubmed..002) and with the presence of cytogenetic abnormalities (P =.02). Alteration in the apoptotic response due to the loss of DAP-kinase function may be an early event in the transformation pathway to secondary leukemia via myelodysplasia. ..
- Voso M, Pantel G, Rutella S, Weis M, D Alo F, Urbano R, et al. Rituximab reduces the number of peripheral blood B-cells in vitro mainly by effector cell-mediated mechanisms. Haematologica. 2002;87:918-25 pubmed..It was the objective of this study to define the contribution of the different mechanisms of action of rituximab on primary normal and malignant B-cells...
- Voso M, D Alo F, Putzulu R, Mele L, Scardocci A, Chiusolo P, et al. Negative prognostic value of glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1 and GSTT1) deletions in adult acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2002;100:2703-7 pubmed..003). In conclusion, individuals with GSTM1 or GSTT1 deletions (or deletions of both) may have an enhanced resistance to chemotherapy and a shorter survival. ..
- Voso M, Fabiani E, D Alo F, Guidi F, Di Ruscio A, Sica S, et al. Increased risk of acute myeloid leukaemia due to polymorphisms in detoxification and DNA repair enzymes. Ann Oncol. 2007;18:1523-8 pubmed..0-585.5), suggesting a synergistic effect between these polymorphisms. These results suggest that polymorphic variants in DNA-repair and detoxification enzymes may co-operate in modulating the individual's risk of AML. ..
- Voso M, Hohaus S, Guidi F, Fabiani E, D Alo F, Groner S, et al. Prognostic role of glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia. 2008;22:1685-91 pubmed publisher..003 and 0.03, respectively), whereas GSTT1 and GSTM1 genotypes had no significant impact. The favorable impact of GSTP1(*)105 Val on RFS seems to be restricted to the subgroup of patients exhibiting a normal karyotype. ..
- Voso M, Santini V, Finelli C, Musto P, Pogliani E, Angelucci E, et al. Valproic acid at therapeutic plasma levels may increase 5-azacytidine efficacy in higher risk myelodysplastic syndromes. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5002-7 pubmed publisher..0021). Our data show that the 5-AZA/VPA combination is active and safe in patients with MDS with a poor prognosis. Achievement of VPA therapeutic levels may indeed increase 5-AZA efficacy. ..