Affiliation: Catholic University
- Chest wall TB and low 25-hidroxy-vitamin D levels in a 15-month-old girlDanilo Buonsenso
Department of Pediatrics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart A Gemelli Hospital, 00168 Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 38:12. 2012....
- Ductopenia and fetal liver-like architecture as unique and evocative sign of Turner syndromeP Valentini
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:1132-8. 2013..The histological picture of "fetal liver-like architecture" and "ductopenia" is of fundamental importance for the diagnosis of chromosomopathy...
- Acute cholestasis: atypical onset of Kawasaki diseaseP Valentini
Department of Pediatrics, A Gemelli University Hospital, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 40:582-4. 2008..KD should be considered in differential diagnosis in children with cholestasis, abdominal pain and fever of unknown etiology...
- An uncommon presentation for a severe invasive infection due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clone USA300 in Italy: a case reportPiero Valentini
Dipartimento di Malattie Infettive, Parassitarie ed Immunomediate, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 7:11. 2008..More commonly, community-acquired (CA)-MRSA is a cause of infections of the skin and soft-tissues, but life-threatening infections such as necrotizing pneumonia and sepsis can occasionally occur...
- Role of spiramycin/cotrimoxazole association in the mother-to-child transmission of toxoplasmosis infection in pregnancyP Valentini
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, L go A Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:297-300. 2009..Treatment did not need to be stopped in any mother because of adverse drug effects. Our results seem to encourage the use of spiramycin/cotrimoxazole in women with toxoplasmosis during pregnancy...
- Incomplete Kawasaki syndrome followed by systemic onset-juvenile idiopathic arthritis mimicking Kawasaki syndromeDonato Rigante
Department of Pediatric Sciences, Universita Cattolica Sacro Cuore, Largo A Gemelli no 8, Rome, Italy
Rheumatol Int 30:535-9. 2010..Diagnosis of systemic onset-juvenile idiopathic arthritis was postulated upon the long persistence of fever and inflammatory signs, which subsided only after starting corticosteroid treatment...
- Kawasaki syndrome and concurrent Coxsackie virus B3 infectionDonato Rigante
Department of Pediatric Sciences, Universita Cattolica Sacro Cuore, Largo A Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Rheumatol Int 32:4037-40. 2012....
- Involvement of type I immune responses in swine-origin H1N1 influenza virus infectionGiovanni Frisullo
Institute of Neurology, Department of Neurosciences, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Hum Immunol 72:632-5. 2011..Our data suggest a dysregulation of antipathogen type I immune responses in complicated S-OIV infections...
- Cholestatic jaundice in infectious mononucleosisP Valentini
Department of Pediatrics, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome
Minerva Pediatr 52:303-6. 2000..The authors describe the case of a young spherocytosis patient in whom Epstein-Barr virus caused an intense cholestatic jaundice and they discuss the possible damage mechanisms according to the recent studies on cholestasis pathogenesis...
- Seizures in an interferon-treated childP Valentini
Department of Paediatrics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:363-5. 2001....
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin therapy for anti-E hemolytic disease in the newbornRoberta Onesimo
Department of Pediatric Sciences, Catholic University, Gemelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:1059-61. 2010..We report a case of anti-E HDN treated successfully with intravenous immunoglobulin, as adjuvant treatment to phototherapy...
- Responsiveness to intravenous immunoglobulins and occurrence of coronary artery abnormalities in a single-center cohort of Italian patients with Kawasaki syndromeDonato Rigante
Department of Pediatric Sciences, Universita Cattolica Sacro Cuore, Largo A Gemelli, 8, 00168, Rome, Italy
Rheumatol Int 30:841-6. 2010....
- A twenty-year retrospective study of pediatric tuberculosis in two tertiary hospitals in RomeDanilo Buonsenso
Catholic University of Sacred Heart A Gemelli Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:1022-6. 2012..Tuberculosis (TB) is among the top 10 causes of child death worldwide. Nevertheless, childhood disease has been neglected by tuberculosis control programs...
- Maternal and neonatal characteristics of an immigrant population in an Italian hospitalAntonio Alberto Zuppa
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Largo A Gemelli 8, Rome, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:627-32. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate clinical and epidemiological characteristics of the maternal and neonatal immigrant population and to compare it with the Italian population in the Agostino Gemelli Hospital (Rome)...
- Acute necrotizing encephalopathy during novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infectionPaolo Mariotti
Department of Medical and Surgical Pediatric Sciences and Developmental Neurosciences, Unit of Child Neuropsychiatry, Catholic University, Largo Gemelli 8, Rome, Italy
Ann Neurol 68:111-4. 2010..An involvement of meninges and spinal cord was observed configuring an acute necrotizing meningoencephalomyelitis...
- Successful treatment with oral valganciclovir in immunocompetent infant with gastrointestinal manifestations of cytomegalovirus infectionP S Buonuomo
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Department of Paediatrics, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Perinatol 26:648-9. 2006..At 7 months of age, he presented with melena. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) of biopsy samples from the duodenum was positive for CMV. Anemia resolved after starting antiviral therapy with oral valganciclovir...