Affiliation: Catholic University
- Estrogen and progesterone receptors in carpal tunnel syndromeAmelia Toesca
Institute of Human Anatomy and Cell Biology, Catholic University, Largo Francesco Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Cell Biol Int 32:75-9. 2008..These results demonstrate that ER and PR are present in TCL and flexor tendon synovitis, suggesting a role for sex steroid hormones in the pathogenesis of CTS disease...
- Organization of cortico-cortical associative projections in rats exposed to ethanol during early postnatal lifeAlberto Granato
Institute of Anatomy, Catholic University Medical School, L go F Vito 1, 00168, Rome, Italy
Brain Res Bull 60:339-44. 2003..These differences are discussed in consideration of the functional alterations that characterize the fetal alcohol syndrome...
- Docosahexaenoic acid induces proteasome-dependent degradation of beta-catenin, down-regulation of survivin and apoptosis in human colorectal cancer cells not expressing COX-2Gabriella Calviello
Institute of General Pathology, Institute of Human Anatomy, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Carcinogenesis 28:1202-9. 2007..The present study, thus, raises the possibility that DHA may exert pro-apoptotic and antitumoral effects through proteasomal regulation of beta-catenin levels and alterations in the expression of TCF-beta-catenin target genes...
- Overexpression of the p75 neurotrophin receptor in the sensori-motor cortex of rats exposed to ethanol during early postnatal lifeAmelia Toesca
Institute of Anatomy, Catholic University, L go F Vito 1, 00168, Rome, Italy
Neurosci Lett 342:89-92. 2003..The increase of immunoreactive elements was relatively more marked in the motor than in the somatosensory cortex. The involvement of p75 NTR in ethanol-induced apoptosis and neural plasticity is discussed...
- Expression of astrocytic nestin in the rat hippocampus during trimethyltin-induced neurodegenerationMaria Concetta Geloso
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, , Largo Francesco Vito 1, I-00168 Rome, Italy
Neurosci Lett 357:103-6. 2004..This observation shows that cerebral tissue re-expresses this developmental protein during neurodegenerative diseases in early stages of astroglial activation...
- Repeated exposure to pyrrolidine-dithiocarbamate induces peripheral nerve alterations in ratsGabriella Calviello
Institute of General Pathology, Catholic University, L.go F. Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Toxicol Lett 158:61-71. 2005..The observation that a 15-day treatment with low doses of PDTC causes functional and morphological derangement of peripheral nerves advices against the possible use of this compound as a chemopreventive agent against cancer...