Affiliation: Catholic University
- Can vitamin D deficiency cause diabetes and cardiovascular diseases? Present evidence and future perspectivesG Muscogiuri
Endocrinologia e Malattie del Metabolismo, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 22:81-7. 2012....
- The size of adrenal incidentalomas correlates with insulin resistance. Is there a cause-effect relationship?Giovanna Muscogiuri
Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Catholic University Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 74:300-5. 2011..Adrenal incidentalomas (AI) have often been associated with a high prevalence of insulin resistance (IR) and cardiovascular risk factors, although direct measurement of insulin sensitivity (IS) has never been carried out...
- High-normal TSH values in obesity: is it insulin resistance or adipose tissue's guilt?Giovanna Muscogiuri
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:101-6. 2013..We cross-sectionally investigated the influence of metabolic features on hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in obesity...
- Low levels of 25(OH)D and insulin-resistance: 2 unrelated features or a cause-effect in PCOS?Giovanna Muscogiuri
Endocrinologia e Malattie del Metabolismo, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Itlay
Clin Nutr 31:476-80. 2012..Hence, we aimed to explore the association of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) with anthropometric, metabolic and hormonal features in PCOS...
- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D concentration correlates with insulin-sensitivity and BMI in obesityGiovanna Muscogiuri
Endocrinology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1906-10. 2010..Our study suggested that there is no cause-effect relationship between vitamin D and insulin-sensitivity. In obesity, both low 25(OH)D concentration and insulin-resistance appear to be dependent on the increased body size...
- Removal of duodenum elicits GLP-1 secretionGiovanna Muscogiuri
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Diabetes Care 36:1641-6. 2013..To evaluate the effect of removal of the duodenum on the complex interplay between incretins, insulin, and glucagon in nondiabetic subjects...
- Single-fiber conduction velocity test allows earlier detection of abnormalities in diabetesLuca Padua
Institute of Neurology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo F Vito 1, Rome 00168, Italy
Muscle Nerve 43:652-6. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine whether single-fiber conduction velocity (SF-CV) of a small number of axons increases sensitivity for identification of motor nerve conduction alterations in patients with diabetes...