Affiliation: Catholic University
- Apoe epsilon2-epsilon4 genotype is a possible risk factor for primary progressive aphasiaAdele Acciarri
Ann Neurol 59:436-7. 2006
- Mental representation of normal subjects about the sources of knowledge in different semantic categories and unique entitiesGuido Gainotti
Institute of Neurology of the Policlinico Gemelli, Catholic University of Rome, Roma, Italy
Neuropsychology 23:803-12. 2009....
- Patterns of cognitive decline and rates of conversion to dementia in patients with degenerative and vascular forms of MCICamillo Marra
Department of Neurology, Neuropsychology Research Centre, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Curr Alzheimer Res 8:24-31. 2011....
- The Multiple Features Target Cancellation (MFTC): an attentional visual conjunction search test. Normative values for the Italian populationC Marra
Department of Neuroscience Policlinico Gemelli, Center for Neuropsychological Research, Catholic University, L go A Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 34:173-80. 2013....
- Central cholinergic dysfunction measured "in vivo" correlates with different behavioral disorders in Alzheimer's disease and dementia with Lewy bodyCamillo Marra
Department of Neuroscience, Centre for Neuropsychological Research, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Brain Stimul 5:533-8. 2012..The different cholinergic networks involved suggest different patterns of behavior symptomatology in the two groups...
- Determinants of cognitive impairment in elderly myasthenia gravis patientsCamillo Marra
Department of Neuroscience, Catholic University, L go A Gemelli, 8, Rome 00168, Italy
Muscle Nerve 40:952-9. 2009..The impairments of attention, memory, and control tasks in MG are related to general visual motor slowness and to the concomitant presence of other diseases...
- Clusters of cognitive and behavioral disorders clearly distinguish primary progressive aphasia from frontal lobe dementia, and Alzheimer's diseaseC Marra
Neuropsychology Service of the Catholic University of Rome, Policlinico Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 24:317-26. 2007..The relationship between these conditions remains unclear. Our study aimed to better define the behavioral and cognitive clusters characterizing PnPA patients...
- Gender-related dissociations of categorical fluency in normal subjects and in subjects with Alzheimer's diseaseCamillo Marra
Department of Neuroscience, Neuropsychology Service, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Neuropsychology 21:207-11. 2007....
- Probable Alzheimer's disease patients presenting as "focal temporal lobe dysfunction" show a slow rate of cognitive declineCamillo Marra
Department of Neuroscience Center for Neuropsychological Research, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Largo A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 18:144-50. 2012..In conclusion, our results confirm that probable AD presenting as TLD represents a specific onset of AD characterized by a slower rate of progression...
- Apolipoprotein E epsilon4 allele differently affects the patterns of neuropsychological presentation in early- and late-onset Alzheimer's disease patientsCamillo Marra
Department of Neurology, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 18:125-31. 2004....
- Patterns of neuropsychological impairment in MCI patients with small subcortical infarcts or hippocampal atrophyGuido Gainotti
Neuropsychology Service of the UCSC Policlinico Gemelli, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 14:611-9. 2008....
- Psychotic symptoms in Alzheimer's disease and 5-HTTLPR polymorphism of the serotonin transporter gene: evidence for an associationDavide Quaranta
Institute of Neurology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis 16:173-80. 2009..07; p = 0.018) while an increase of MMSE score was protective (OR = 0.90; p = 0.004). The occurrence of AD-P resulted significantly related to age at examination, cognitive status, and to the presence of the 5-HTTLPR L-allele...
- Neuroanatomical correlates of cognitive reserve in Alzheimer diseaseLaura Serra
Neuroimaging Laboratory, Santa Lucia Foundation, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Rejuvenation Res 14:143-51. 2011..Moreover, it supports the idea that CR is based on several "brain reserves" rather than on a generalized increase of brain plasticity...
- The relation between person identity nodes, familiarity judgment and biographical information. Evidence from two patients with right and left anterior temporal atrophyGuido Gainotti
Center for Neuropsychological Research, Department of Neurosciences of the Policlinico Gemelli Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Brain Res 1307:103-14. 2010..This last finding is at variance with the hypothesis assuming that the PINs may provide a modality-free gateway to a unitary semantic system, where information about people is stored in an amodal format...
- Functional evaluation of cerebral cortex in dementia with Lewy bodiesVincenzo Di Lazzaro
Institute of Neurology, Universita Cattolica, L go A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Neuroimage 37:422-9. 2007....
- Facial emotion recognition deficit in amnestic mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer diseaseIlaria Spoletini
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:389-98. 2008..A secondary aim was to investigate relationships between facial emotion recognition and cognitive performances...
- Post-stroke depression: Main phenomenological clusters and their relationships with clinical measuresDavide Quaranta
Research Center for Neuropsychology, Department of Neuroscience, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Behav Neurol 25:303-10. 2012..To investigate the principal psychopathological dimensions of post-stroke depression (PSD) through the assessment of the factorial structure of the Post-Stroke Depression Rating Scale (PSDRS)...
- Different views about the nature of gender-related asymmetries in tasks based on biological or artefact categoriesGuido Gainotti
Center for Neuropsychological Research of the Policlinico Gemelli Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Behav Neurol 22:81-90. 2010..Contrary to the hypothesis, evaluation of the weight of different sources of knowledge in representing living and artefact categories was similar in males and females...
- Mild cognitive impairment: same identity for different entitiesLaura Serra
Neuroimaging Laboratory, Santa Lucia Foundation, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis 33:1157-65. 2013....
- Are the behavioral symptoms of Alzheimer's disease directly associated with neurodegeneration?Laura Serra
Neuroimaging Laboratory, Santa Lucia Foundation, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis 21:627-39. 2010..Interesting associations were found in regions traditionally implicated by AD neuropathology. This suggests that BPSD are likely to represent clinical features of AD and should be regarded for their diagnostic and prognostic value...
- Successful treatment of acute autoimmune limbic encephalitis with negative VGKC and NMDAR antibodiesAnna Modoni
Department of Neuroscience, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Cogn Behav Neurol 22:63-6. 2009....
- Cross-modal recognition disorders for persons and other unique entities in a patient with right fronto-temporal degenerationGuido Gainotti
Neuropsychology Service of the Policlinico Gemelli, Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Cortex 44:238-48. 2008..About 2 years after the onset of the symptomatology, CD became untestable, due to the development of a severe motor neuron disease...
- Attentional load of the primary task influences the frontal but not the temporal generators of mismatch negativityDomenico Restuccia
Department of Neurosciences, Catholic University, Policlinico A Gemelli, L go A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 25:891-9. 2005....
- Presentation and validation of the multiple sclerosis depression rating scale: a test specifically devised to investigate affective disorders in multiple sclerosis patientsDavide Quaranta
Research Center for Neuropsychology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Clin Neuropsychol 26:571-87. 2012..8998 and 0.8659); the MSDRS showed higher accuracy for the diagnosis of MSD-MDL (AROC respectively 0.9278 and 0.8314; p = .038). The MSDRS may be a reliable tool for the diagnosis of depression in MS...
- A randomized controlled study on effects of ibuprofen on cognitive progression of Alzheimer's diseasePatrizio Pasqualetti
Medical Statistics and Information Technology, Fatebenefratelli Association for Research, Isola Tiberina, Rome, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:102-10. 2009..In this trial, we evaluated whether the non-selective NSAID ibuprofen slows disease progression in patients with mild to moderate AD...
- Mood disorders after stroke: diagnostic validation of the poststroke depression rating scaleDavide Quaranta
Neuropsychology Unit, Department of Neuroscience, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Cerebrovasc Dis 26:237-43. 2008..This study evaluated the diagnostic accuracy of the Poststroke Depression Rating Scale (PSDRS), a diagnostic tool specifically devised to assess depression after stroke, in comparison to the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (Ham-D)...
- Does cognitive dysfunction conform to a distinctive pattern in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome?Raffaele Antonelli Incalzi
Department of Gerontology, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore Geriatric Outpatient Department ASL RM E, Rome, Italy
J Sleep Res 13:79-86. 2004..Some analogy with cognitive pattern of MID suggests that a mainly subcortical damage underlies this dysfunction...
- Determinants and consequences of post-stroke depressionGuido Gainotti
Neuropsychology Service of the Policlinico Gemelli Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Curr Opin Neurol 15:85-9. 2002....
- Asymmetries in gender-related familiarity with different semantic categories. Data from normal adultsGuido Gainotti
Center for Neuropsychological Research, Department of Neurosciences of the Policlinico Gemelli Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Department of Clinical and Behavioral Neurology, Rome, Italy
Behav Neurol 27:175-81. 2013..These findings are consistent with the hypothesis assuming that gender-related asymmetries for different semantic categories is due to the influence of gender-related social roles. ..
- Different apathy profile in behavioral variant of frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's disease: a preliminary investigationDavide Quaranta
Istituto di Neurologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 00168 Rome, Italy
Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res 2012:719250. 2012..008). Our preliminary findings support the hypothesis that apathy is a complex phenomenon, whose clinical expression is conditioned by the site of anatomical damage. Furthermore, apathy profile may help in differentiating bvFTD from AD...
- Slowly progressive defect in recognition of familiar people in a patient with right anterior temporal atrophyGuido Gainotti
Neuropsychology Unit, Policlinico Gemelli, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Brain 126:792-803. 2003....
- The evaluation of sources of knowledge underlying different conceptual categoriesGuido Gainotti
Department of Neurosciences of the Policlinico Gemelli, Center for Neuropsychological Research, Catholic University of Rome Rome, Italy Department of Clinical and Behavioral Neurology, IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia Rome, Italy
Front Hum Neurosci 7:40. 2013..Finally, age and stimulus modality did not significantly influence judgment of relevance of the sources of knowledge involved in the construction of different conceptual categories...
- Position paper of the Italian Society for the study of Dementias (SINDEM) on the proposal of a new lexicon on Alzheimer diseaseMassimo Musicco
Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Research Council, Segrate MI, Foundation IRCCS Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 33:201-8. 2012..However, the evidence about the instrumental and laboratory markers for the diagnosis of the preclinical and asymptomatic states of the disease are, until to now, insufficient to support the routine clinical use of these investigations...
- Characterization of the pattern of cognitive impairment in myotonic dystrophy type 1Anna Modoni
Institute of Neurology and Human Genetics, Catholic University of Rome, Largo F Vito, 1 00168 Rome, Italy
Arch Neurol 61:1943-7. 2004..Neuropathological studies documented neurofibrillary tangles and an aberrant tau-protein expression in brain tissues of patients and animal models of DM1...
- Cognitive impairment in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease--a neuropsychological and spect studyRaffaele Antonelli Incalzi
Dept of Geriatrics, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J Neurol 250:325-32. 2003..In conclusion, anterior cerebral hypoperfusion and selected neuropsychological dysfunctions characterized hypoxemic COPD patients and could herald frontal-type cognitive decline with the worsening of the hypoxemia...
- Early evaluation of cerebral metabolic rate of glucose (CMRglu) with 18F-FDG PET/CT and clinical assessment in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (INPH) patients before and after ventricular shunt placement: preliminary experienceMaria Lucia Calcagni
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo A Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:236-41. 2012....
- Differential contribution of right and left temporo-occipital and anterior temporal lesions to face recognition disordersGuido Gainotti
Department of Neuroscience, Neuropsychology Service, Università Cattolica di Roma Rome, Italy
Front Hum Neurosci 5:55. 2011....
- Neuropsychological findings in young-adult stroke patientsMarina Cao
Stroke Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Sant Andrea, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Via di Grottarossa, 1035, 00189 Rome, Italy
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 22:133-42. 2007..Cognitive impairment was more closely associated with reduced performance of daily activities than with motor deficits...