Affiliation: Catholic University
- Motor cortex hyperexcitability to transcranial magnetic stimulation in Alzheimer's diseaseV Di Lazzaro
Institute of Neurology, Universita Cattolica, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:555-9. 2004..The aim of the present study was to determine whether hyperexcitability is due to the impairment of intracortical inhibitory circuits or to an independent abnormality of excitatory circuits...
- Selective impairment of action-verb naming and comprehension in progressive supranuclear palsyAntonio Daniele
Institute of Neurology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy Electronic address
Cortex 49:948-60. 2013....
- Cognitive and behavioural effects of chronic stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in patients with Parkinson's diseaseA Daniele
Istituto di Neurologia, Universita Cattolica, Largo A Gemelli 8, I 00168 Rome, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:175-82. 2003....
- Cognitive outcome 5 years after bilateral chronic stimulation of subthalamic nucleus in patients with Parkinson's diseaseM F Contarino
Istituto di Neurologia, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore Largo Gemelli, 8, I 00168 Rome, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:248-52. 2007..To assess the long-term cognitive and behavioural outcome after bilateral deep brain stimulation (DBS) of the subthalamic nucleus (STN) in patients affected by Parkinson's disease, with a 5-year follow-up after surgery...
- Clusters of cognitive and behavioral disorders clearly distinguish primary progressive aphasia from frontal lobe dementia, and Alzheimer's diseaseC Marra
Neuropsychology Service of the Catholic University of Rome, Policlinico Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 24:317-26. 2007..The relationship between these conditions remains unclear. Our study aimed to better define the behavioral and cognitive clusters characterizing PnPA patients...
- In vivo cholinergic circuit evaluation in frontotemporal and Alzheimer dementiasV Di Lazzaro
Institute of Neurology, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Neurology 66:1111-3. 2006..SAI was normal in FTD, whereas it was reduced in AD. SAI may represent an additional tool to discriminate FTD from AD...
- Apolipoprotein E genotype in sporadic early- and late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseC Masullo
Institute of Neurology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, University Hospital A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 9:121-5. 1998....
- Noninvasive in vivo assessment of cholinergic cortical circuits in AD using transcranial magnetic stimulationVincenzo Di Lazzaro
Institute of Neurology, Catholic University, Largo A. Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Neurology 59:392-7. 2002..Future studies are required to evaluate whether short latency afferent inhibition measurements have any consistent clinical correlates...
- The Apolipoprotein E genotype in patients affected by syndromes with focal cortical atrophyC Masullo
Istituto di Neurologia Policlinico Universitario A Gemelli, 00168, Rome, Italy
Neurosci Lett 303:87-90. 2001..8%) than in controls (4.8%). These results show that the APOE epsilon4 allele is not a risk factor for syndromes associated with FCA. The potential role of the epsilon2 allele in these syndromes needs further investigation...
- Alzheimer disease risk associated with APOE4 is modified by STH gene polymorphismD Seripa
Laboratory of Gene Therapy, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, FG, Italy
Neurology 62:1631-3. 2004..However, the APOE-4-associated risk of AD greatly increased if the STH-G allele was also present. The STH-G allele appears to be a risk modifier for AD...