S M Corsello
Affiliation: Catholic University
- Endocrine side effects induced by immune checkpoint inhibitorsSalvatore Maria Corsello
MD, Endocrinology Unit, Universita Cattolica, Via Federico Cesi 72, I 00193 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1361-75. 2013..Well-designed correlative studies oriented to finding and validating predictive factors of autoimmune toxicity are urgently needed...
- Hypophysitis induced by monoclonal antibodies to cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen 4: challenges from a new cause of a rare diseaseFrancesco Torino
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Oncologist 17:525-35. 2012..The precise mechanism of injury to the pituitary triggered by anti-CTLA-4 mAbs is yet to be fully elucidated...
- Biological aspects of gender disordersS M Corsello
Unit of Endocrinology, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 36:325-39. 2011..This "organicistic neurohormal theory" might find support in the study of particular situations in which the human fetus is exposed to an abnormal hormonal environment in utero...
- Giant prolactinomas in men: efficacy of cabergoline treatmentS M Corsello
Institute of Endocrinology, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:662-70. 2003..The purpose of this prospective study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of CAB also for giant prolactinomas...
- Post-surgery severe hypocalcemia in primary hyperparathyroidism preoperatively treated with zoledronic acidSalvatore Maria Corsello
Department of Endocrinology, Catholic University School of Medicine, Largo A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Hormones (Athens) 9:338-42. 2010..The severity of hypocalcemia and the resistance to conventional treatments suggest that the effect of hungry bone syndrome could be worse in patients treated with bisphosphonates in the preoperative phase...
- Adrenal insufficiency as the first clinical manifestation of the primary antiphospholipid antibody syndromeM A Satta
Departments of Endocrinology and Clinical Surgery, Catholic University, Rome
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 52:123-6. 2000..The antiphospholipid syndrome should be considered as a possible pathogenetic process in patients presenting with Addison's disease where the aetiology is not obvious...
- Thyroid scintigraphy: An old tool is still the gold standard for an effective diagnosis of autonomously functioning thyroid nodulesF Ianni
Unit of Endocrinology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo Agostino Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 36:233-6. 2013..Aim: To verify the accuracy of TSH as screening test in detecting AFTN and to evaluate ultrasonographic features of thyroid nodules which have resulted autonomously functioning at thyroid scintigraphy (TS)...
- Medullary thyroid cancer: a promising model for targeted therapyF Torino
Medical Oncology Division, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Rome, Italy
Curr Mol Med 10:608-25. 2010....
- Levothyroxine therapy in preventing nodular recurrence after hemithyroidectomy: a retrospective studyM Alba
Endocrinology Unit, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Via Federico Cesi, 72, 00193 Rome, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 32:330-4. 2009..To determine the effect of levothyroxine (L-T4) therapy on the recurrence rate of nodular disease in patients previously treated with lobectomy for benign nodular goiter...
- The treatment of neuroendocrine tumors with long-acting somatostatin analogs: a single center experience with lanreotide autogelA Bianchi
Department of Endocrinology, Catholic University, Policlinico Universitario A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 34:692-7. 2011..The results of our study suggest that lanreotide autogel is effective in the symptoms, biochemical markers, and tumor progression control of WD metastatic NET and confirm that the treatment is well tolerated...