Affiliation: Catholic University
- Management of bleeding in acquired hemophilia A: results from the European Acquired Haemophilia (EACH2) RegistryFrancesco Baudo
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Unit, Ospedale Niguarda, Milan, Italy
Blood 120:39-46. 2012..3% vs 68.3%; P = .003). Bleeding control was similar between rFVIIa and aPCC (93.0%; P = 1). Thrombotic events were reported in 3.6% of treated patients with a similar incidence between rFVIIa (2.9%) and aPCC (4.8%)...
- Consensus recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of acquired hemophilia APeter Collins
Arthur Bloom Hemophilia centre, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
BMC Res Notes 3:161. 2010..AHA usually presents to clinicians without prior experience of the disease, therefore diagnosis is frequently delayed and bleeds under treated...
- "Bridging" therapy in patients on long-term vitamin K antagonist treatment: a yet unsolved issueFrancesco Baudo
Haemostasis and Thrombosis Unit, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 1:94-5. 2006
- Antithrombin III (ATIII) replacement therapy in patients with sepsis and/or postsurgical complications: a controlled double-blind, randomized, multicenter studyF Baudo
Department of Hematology, Ospedale Niguarda, Milano, Italy
Intensive Care Med 24:336-42. 1998..The efficacy of ATIII therapy on mortality was assessed in a selected group of patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) in a double-blind, randomized, multicenter study...
- Acquired hemophilia: a critical bleeding syndromeFrancesco Baudo
Department of Hematology and Thrombosis Hemostasis Unit, Niguarda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 89:96-100. 2004
- [Antithrombin III concentrates in the treatmetn of sepsis and septic shock: indictions, limits and future prospects] F Baudo
Modulo Trombosi ed Emostasi Ospedale Niguarda Cà Granda, Milano
Minerva Anestesiol 66:3-23. 2000..All these data suggest severe sepsis and septic shock as main criteria for treatment...
- The continuous infusion of recombinant activated factor VIIa (rFVIIa) in patients with factor VIII inhibitors activates the coagulation and fibrinolytic systems without clinical complicationsF Baudo
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Unit, Niguarda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Thromb Res 99:21-4. 2000..These variations observed during the infusion period were not accompanied by clinical events...
- Orthotopic liver transplantation in a patient with severe haemophilia A and with advanced liver cirrhosisF Baudo
Haemostasis and Thrombosis Unit and Liver Transplantation Center, Niguarda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Haemophilia 5:276-7. 1999..At the time of reporting the patient has a normal working life. FVIII plasma concentration is normal. The indirect hyperbilirubinaemia may be related to the Gilbert's anomaly of the donor...
- Acquired factor VIII inhibitors in pregnancy: data from the Italian Haemophilia Register relevant to clinical practiceFrancesco Baudo
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Unit, Nigurda Hospital, Milan, Italy
BJOG 110:311-4. 2003..To review the clinical problems related to the inhibitor of factor VIII (FVIII) in pregnancy...
- Diagnosis, laboratory aspects and management of acquired hemophilia AVincenzo Toschi
Servizio di Immunoematologia e Trasfusione, Centro Emostasi e Trombosi, AO Ospedale San Carlo Borromeo, Via Pio II, 3, 20153, Milan, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 5:325-33. 2010..Other treatments including Rituximab, immunoadsorption or induction of immune tolerance are still experimental, and need to be validated through controlled clinical trials...
- Prothrombin A19911G polymorphism and the risk of venous thromboembolismI Martinelli
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties, A Bianchi Bonomi Haemophilia and Thrombosis Center, University of Milan, and IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena Foundation, Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 4:2582-6. 2006..The A > G polymorphism at position 19911 of the prothrombin gene is associated with increased plasma prothrombin levels but its role as a risk factor for venous thromboembolism (VTE) is not established...
- Hemophilia and percutaneous coronary interventionsAntonio Mafrici
Ital Heart J 4:731-3. 2003
- Antithrombin alfa in hereditary antithrombin deficient patients: A phase 3 study of prophylactic intravenous administration in high risk situationsAndreas Tiede
Hannover Medical School, Dept of Haematology, Haemostasis, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Germany
Thromb Haemost 99:616-22. 2008..In conclusion, this study suggests that antithrombin alfa is a safe and effective alternative to human plasma-derived AT for treating hereditary AT deficiency patients at high risk for thromboembolic events...
- Drug-induced anti-factor VIII antibodies: a systematic reviewMassimo Franchini
Servizio di Immunoematologia e Trasfusione Centro Emofilia, Azienda Ospedaliera di Verona, Verona, Italy
Med Sci Monit 13:RA55-61. 2007..3%). However, further studies are needed to better elucidate the epidemiology, natural history, clinical relevance, and optimal treatment of drug-associated factor VIII autoantibodies...
- Treatment of acquired factor VIII inhibitor with recombinant activated factor VIIa: data from the Italian registry of acquired hemophiliaFrancesco Baudo
Haematologica 89:759-61. 2004..Bleeding was controlled in 90% of the episodes, indicating the efficacy of rFVIIa in HA...