Affiliation: Catholic University
- Hepatic veins in presurgical planning of hepatic resection: what a radiologist should knowBrunella Barbaro
Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, School of Medicine, Catholic University, Largo A Gemelli 1, Rome, Italy
Abdom Imaging 38:442-60. 2013..Any clinically important hepatic vein variation detected on presurgical imaging should be carefully recorded in the radiology report...
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in monitoring rectal cancer response to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapyBrunella Barbaro
Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:594-9. 2012..To prospectively monitor the response in patients with locally advanced nonmucinous rectal cancer after chemoradiotherapy (CRT) using diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging. The histopathologic finding was the reference standard...
- Preoperative right portal vein embolisation: indications and resultsB Barbaro
Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo Agostino Gemelli 8, 00168, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 114:553-70. 2009..The purpose of this retrospective study was to evaluate the efficacy of right portal vein embolisation (PVE) in inducing contralateral liver hypertrophy before extended hepatectomy...
- Locally advanced rectal cancer: MR imaging in prediction of response after preoperative chemotherapy and radiation therapyBrunella Barbaro
Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, Catholic University, School of Medicine, Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo Gemelli, 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Radiology 250:730-9. 2009....
- Restaging locally advanced rectal cancer with MR imaging after chemoradiation therapyBrunella Barbaro
Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, Catholic University, School of Medicine, Largo A Gemelli 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Radiographics 30:699-716. 2010..Supplemental material available at http://radiographics.rsna.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.1148/rg.303095085/-/DC1...
- Preoperative chemoradiation with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil for extraperitoneal T3 rectal cancer: acute toxicity, tumor response, sphincter preservationV Valentini
Divisione di Radioterapia, Universita Cattolica S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 45:1175-84. 1999....
- Preoperative right portal vein embolization in patients with metastatic liver disease. Metastatic liver volumes after RPVEB Barbaro
Department of Radiology, Universita Cattolica, Policlinico Agostino Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Acta Radiol 44:98-102. 2003..To quantify liver metastases and future remnant liver (FRL) volumes in patients who underwent right portal vein embolization (RPVE) and to evaluate the effects of this procedure on metastase growth...
- Ten years of preoperative chemoradiation for extraperitoneal T3 rectal cancer: acute toxicity, tumor response, and sphincter preservation in three consecutive studiesV Valentini
Cattedra di Radioterapia, Universita Cattolica S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:371-83. 2001..To compare acute toxicity, tumor response, and sphincter preservation in three schedules of concurrent chemoradiation in resectable transmural and/or node-positive extraperitoneal rectal cancer...
- Staging of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma with spiral CT and MRIM G Brizi
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Rays 26:151-9. 2001..Therefore standardized multicentric trials are desirable. Up to now, the choice of which technique to employ should be based on local expertise; moreover, the aggressive approach of surgical equipes should be kept in mind...
- [Quantitative assessment of portal vein flow in subjects with active chronic hepatitis: comparison of magnetic resonance angiography with bolus tracking with color Doppler ultrasonography]R Manfredi
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Roma
Radiol Med 97:132-7. 1999..To assess the accuracy of time-of-flight MR Angiography (MRA) with bolus tracking in evaluating mean blood velocity and flowrate in the portal vein in patients with chronic hepatitis versus healthy volunteers...
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery after neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy for locally advanced extraperitoneal rectal cancer: short-term morbidity and functional outcomeC Coco
Department of Surgical Sciences, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 27:2860-7. 2013..No study has evaluated functional outcome after TEM in preoperatively irradiated patients...
- Late development of splenic artery aneurysm after orthotopic liver transplantation: a case reportB E Annicchiarico
Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of Rome, A Gemelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 41:1383-5. 2009..Herein we have reported a case of SAA that developed 16 years after OLT. This pathological condition was totally asymptomatic. Only routine abdominal ultrasound allowed its detection and subsequent successful treatment...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound assessment of arterial vascularization of small nodules arising in the cirrhotic liverM Pompili
Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of Rome, Largo Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 40:206-15. 2008..Aim of this study was to compare contrast-enhanced ultrasound and multi-detector row computed tomography in detecting arterial hypervascularity in small cirrhotic nodules...
- Enhanced prenyltransferase activity and Rab content in rat liver regenerationG Bruscalupi
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita La Sapienza, Piazza A Moro 5, Rome, 00185, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 269:226-31. 2000....
- Impact of 111In-DTPA-octreotide SPECT/CT fusion images in the management of neuroendocrine tumoursP Castaldi
Istituto di Medicina Nucleare, Dipartimento di Bioimmagini e Scienze Radiologiche, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, L go A Gemelli 8, 00168 Roma, Italy
Radiol Med 113:1056-67. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the clinical usefulness of anatomical-functional image fusion...