Affiliation: Catholic University
- A low-dose remifentanil infusion is well tolerated for sedation in mechanically ventilated, critically-ill patientsFranco Cavaliere
Institute of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Can J Anaesth 49:1088-94. 2002..To study the analgesic and sedative effects of remifentanil in critically-ill patients...
- Sedation in PACU: the role of benzodiazepinesAndrea Arcangeli
Institute of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Curr Drug Targets 6:745-8. 2005..The recent literature focuses on the differences between Midazolam and Propofol, the most used sedatives in ICU, their sequential use and combination. Relevant studies have been performed about propylene glycol toxicity...
- Dexmedetomidine use in general anaesthesiaA Arcangeli
Institute of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Curr Drug Targets 10:687-95. 2009..In all these fields dexmedetomidine has demonstrated to be an efficacious and safe adjuvant to other sedative and anesthetic medications...
- Heparin versus prostacyclin in continuous hemodiafiltration for acute renal failure: effects on platelet function in the systemic circulation and across the filterAndrea Arcangeli
Istituto Anestesia e Rianimazione, Policlinico Agostino Gemelli, Catholic University School of Medicine, Largo Francesco Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Thromb Res 126:24-31. 2010..UFH does not protect platelets from filter-induced activation and is associated with a reduced function of systemic platelets. Platelet-inhibiting agents might better prevent the activatory effect of the filter...
- Effects of acid-base abnormalities on blood capacity of transporting CO(2): adverse effect of metabolic acidosisF Cavaliere
Institute of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Francesco Vito, 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Intensive Care Med 28:609-15. 2002..To investigate the effects of some acid-base abnormalities on blood capacity of transporting CO(2)...
- A prospective, blinded evaluation of indexes proposed to predict weaning from mechanical ventilationGiorgio Conti
Istituto Anestesiologia e Rianimazione, Policlinico Agostino Gemelli, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo Agostino Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Intensive Care Med 30:830-6. 2004..To conduct a blinded evaluation of the predictors of weaning from mechanical ventilation...
- Sedation with sufentanil in patients receiving pressure support ventilation has no effects on respiration: a pilot studyGiorgio Conti
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Can J Anaesth 51:494-9. 2004..To evaluate the effects of sedation with sufentanil on respiratory drive, respiratory pattern, and gas exchange of critically ill patients during pressure support ventilation...
- Noninvasive positive-pressure ventilation vs. conventional oxygen supplementation in hypoxemic patients undergoing diagnostic bronchoscopyMassimo Antonelli
Istituto di Anestesiologia e Rianimazione, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Chest 121:1149-54. 2002..The efficacy of this intervention in patients with less severe forms of hypoxemia (i.e., PaO(2)/FIO(2) ratio, < 200) is unknown...