- Cardiac angio-CT scan for planning MIDCABPhilippe Primo R Caimmi
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Ospedale Maggiore della Carita, University of East Piedmont A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Heart Surg Forum 7:E113-6. 2004....
- Image fusion: a new diagnostic and therapeutic toolAlessandro Carriero
Istituto di Radiologia, Universitá Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Radiol Med 109:297-307. 2005
- Breast cancer: high resolution CT in association with spirometric tests in the assessment of post-radiation pulmonary fibrosisMariano Sacco
Istituto di Radiodiagnostica e Radiologia Interventistica, Ospedale Maggiore della Carita, Universita del Piemonte Orientale, Novara
Radiol Med 110:156-69. 2005
- E-learning in radiology: an Italian multicentre experienceA Carriero
Istituto di Radiologia Diagnostica ed Interventistica, AOU Maggiore della Carita, Corso Mazzini 18, 28100 Novara, Italy
Eur J Radiol 81:3936-41. 2012..The aim of this study was to design, deliver and evaluate an e-learning teaching programme for post-graduate radiodiagnostics training that would involve various post-graduate schools throughout Italy...
- E-learning in radiology: Italian multicentre experienceA Carriero
Istituto di Radiologia, Università degli Studi A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Radiol Med 116:989-99. 2011..The aim of our work was to design, implement and evaluate an e-learning programme in favour of trainee radiologists enrolled at the many specialty schools located throughout Italy, in the spirit of "sharing culture"...
- "Radiology for life": SIRM at the forefrontA Carriero
Radiol Med 111:1170-2. 2006
- The impact of radiological equipment on patient radiation exposure during endovascular aortic aneurysm repairRita Fossaceca
Radiology Department, University Hospital Maggiore della Carità, Novara, Italy
Eur Radiol 22:2424-31. 2012..To compare the patient radiation dose during endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) using different types of radiological systems: a mobile fluoroscopic C-arm, mobile angiographic and fixed angiographic equipment...
- Cumulative radiation dose from medical imaging in kidney transplant patientsAndreana De Mauri
Nephrology Department, University Hospital Maggiore della Carità, Novara, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:3645-51. 2012....
- Delineation of target volume for radiotherapy of high-grade gliomas by 99m Tc-MIBI SPECT and MRI fusionMarco Krengli
Radiotherapy, University of Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
Strahlenther Onkol 183:689-94. 2007..In the present study, it was investigated how the information provided by 99m Tc-MIBI SPECT and MRI fusion could affect target delineation for radiotherapy of high-grade glioma...
- Cumulative radiation dose from medical imaging in chronic adult patientsMarco Brambilla
Medical Physics Department, University Hospital Maggiore della Carità, Novara, Italy
Am J Med 126:480-6. 2013..We concluded that radiation burden of medical imaging is high in selected cohorts of chronic patients. Efforts should be implemented to reduce this cumulative dose and its potential attendant risks...
- DTI and PWI analysis of peri-enhancing tumoral brain tissue in patients treated for glioblastomaAlessandro Stecco
SCDU Radiologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Maggiore Della Carità, Corso Mazzini 18, 28100, Novara, Italy
J Neurooncol 102:261-71. 2011..rCBV seemed to reflect an ultrastructural alteration that was not visible at T0, but became visible (as neoplastic progression) on conventional MR images at T1. These findings could help identify tissue at risk of tumour infiltration...
- Emergency endovascular treatment of acute symptomatic or ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm: a single-center experienceGiuseppe Guzzardi
Interventional Radiology Maggiore della Caritá University Hospital, Novara, Italy
Vascular 20:81-7. 2012..The capability of offering EVAR and OR for sAAA and rAAA according to our experience suggests that EVAR and OR should be regarded as complementary techniques to improve outcome of patients with acute AAA...
- Endovascular treatment of bronchial artery aneurysm with aortic stent-graft placement and coil embolizationGiuseppe Guzzardi
Institute of Interventional Radiology, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, A Avogadro University, Novara, Italy
Ann Vasc Surg 26:1013.e5-8. 2012..We report a case of mediastinal BAA close to thoracic aorta treated with a combined approach of stent-graft occlusion of the inflow and coil embolization of the outflow arteries...
- Endovascular treatment of diabetic foot in a selected population of patients with below-the-knee disease: is the angiosome model effective?Rita Fossaceca
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, University of Eastern Piedmont Amedeo Avogadro, c so Mazzini 18, 28100 Novara, NO, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 36:637-44. 2013..To evaluate the efficacy of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) in a selected population of diabetic patients with below-the-knee (BTK) disease and to analyze the reliability of the angiosome model...
- Pulmonary changes after radiotherapy for conservative treatment of breast cancer: a prospective studyMarco Krengli
Department of Radiotherapy, University of Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1460-7. 2008..We prospectively analyzed high-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) and pulmonary function tests (PFTs) with correlation with dosimetric data from RT...
- Endovascular treatment of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm with aortocaval fistulaGiuseppe Guzzardi
Institute of Interventional Radiology, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, Corso Mazzini 18, 28100 Novara, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:853-6. 2010..Endovascular treatment offers an attractive therapeutic alternative to open repair in case of ACF; however, only small numbers of patients have been treated, and long-term follow-up interval is lacking...
- Acceptance test of a commercially available software for automatic image registration of computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and 99mTc-methoxyisobutylisonitrile (MIBI) single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) brain imagesGianfranco Loi
Medical Physics Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Maggiore della Carita, c so Mazzini 18, 28100, Novara, Italy
J Digit Imaging 21:329-37. 2008..The algorithm of MI proved to be robust: limiting values were not exceeded with translation perturbations up to 2.5 cm, rotation perturbations up to 10 degrees and roto-translational perturbation up to 3 cm and 5 degrees...
- Estimated radiation exposure from medical imaging in hemodialysis patientsAndreana De Mauri
Medical Physics Department, University Hospital Maggiore della Carità, Corso Mazzini 18, Novara, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:571-8. 2011..In summary, this study shows that a significant fraction of surviving hemodialysis patients during a 3-year period receives estimated radiation doses that may put them at an increased risk for cancer...
- Silent double aortic arch coincidentally found during cardiac catheterization in elderly manGioel G Secco
Department of Cardiology, Ospedale Maggiore della Carita, Eastern Piedmont University, Novara, Italy
Congenit Heart Dis 6:74-6. 2011..During the third angiography, the double aortic arch was coincidentally visualized by using a left Amplatz catheter. The diagnosis was confirmed by 64-slice computed tomography scan...
- Mesenchymal stromal cell transplantation in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a long-term safety studyLetizia Mazzini
ALS Centre Department of Neurology Eastern Piedmont University, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, Novara, Italy
Cytotherapy 14:56-60. 2012..We present the results of long-term monitoring of 19 ALS patients enrolled in two phase I clinical trials of autologous MSC transplantation...
- Reducing operator radiation exposure during cardiac resynchronization therapyMarco Brambilla
Department of Medical Physics, University Hospital Maggiore della Carità, Novara, Italy
Europace 12:1769-73. 2010..To quantify the reduction in equivalent dose at operator's hand that can be achieved by placement of a radiation-absorbing drape (RADPAD) during long-lasting cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) procedures...
- Cirrhosis: CT and MR imaging evaluationGiuseppe Brancatelli
Sezione di Radiologia, Ospedale Specializzato in Gastroenterologia, Saverio de Bellis IRCCS, 70013 Castellana Grotte Bari, Italy
Eur J Radiol 61:57-69. 2007....
- Diagnosis and treatment of orbit posttraumatic subperiosteal hemorrhage in a child, associated with a subdural intracranial hemorrhageMatteo Brucoli
Cattedra e Divisione di Chirurgia Maxillo Facciale, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Azienda Ospedaliera Maggiore della Carita di Novara, Novara, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 16:407-10. 2005..MRI was more sensitive and specific in the evaluation of the intracranial and intraorbital complication...
- What evidence in radiology? Radiological disease registriesAlessandro Carriero
Radiol Med 107:443-9. 2004
- Inflammatory chronic disease of the colon: how to imageRoberta Ambrosini
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Maggiore della Carità University Hospital, A Avogadro Eastern Piemonte University, Corso Mazzini 18, 28100 Novara, Italy
Eur J Radiol 61:442-8. 2007....