Affiliation: San Martino IST Hospital
Location: Genoa, Italy
General Surgeon and researcher
- Mobility of Xe atoms within the oxygen diffusion channel of cytochrome ba(3) oxidaseV Mitch Luna
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biochemistry 51:4669-76. 2012..The channel itself appears not to undergo significant structural changes during Xe migration, thereby indicating a passive role in this important physiological function...
- Limits and perspective of oral therapy with statins and aspirin for the prevention of symptomatic cholesterol gallstone diseaseAndrea Cariati
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:1223-7. 2012..The new horizon of oral therapy for the prevention of symptomatic gallstone disease needs to evaluate the long-term effect of statins and chronic aspirin administration in patients with dyslipidemia and/or atherosclerosis...
- Dirofilaria causing eye infection in a patient from MalaysiaM Rohela
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 40:914-8. 2009..A worm was seen and later removed from beneath the conjunctiva under local anesthesia and based on the morphological characteristics, it was identified as an immature Dirofilaria repens...
- Hospital bill in open and laparoscopic appendectomyAndrea Cariati
Ann Surg 240:562-3; author reply 563. 2004
- Ultrastructural analysis and classification of pigment gallstonesAndrea Cariati
J Lab Clin Med 142:431-2. 2003
- Re: Kawai et al.--Bacteria are not important in the formation of pure cholesterol stonesA Cariati
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2921-2; author reply 2922-3. 2002
- Prognostic factors influencing morbidity and mortality in esophageal carcinomaAndrea Cariati
Institute of Surgical Clinic, Genoa University
Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo 57:201-4. 2002....
- Helicobacter pylori and the risk of benign and malignant biliary tract diseaseAndrea Cariati
Cancer 98:656-7; author reply 657-8. 2003
- Rokitansky-Aschoff sinuses of the gallbladder are associated with black pigment gallstone formation: a scanning electron microscopy studyAndrea Cariati
Emergency Surgery Department, Villa Scassi Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Ultrastruct Pathol 27:265-70. 2003..Black pigment gallstones can form in Rokitansky-Aschoff sinuses of the gallbladder in absence of the typical risk factors for bilirubin suprasaturation of bile...
- Fistulotomy or seton in anal fistula: a decisional algorithmAndrea Cariati
General Surgery, San Martino, Ist Hospital, Via Fratelli Coda 67 5 A, 16166, Genoa, Italy
Updates Surg 65:201-5. 2013..Our algorithm permitted us to reduce to 20 % sphincter cutting procedures without reporting postoperative major anal incontinence; it seems to open an interesting way in the treatment of anal fistula. ..
- Blackberry pigment (whitlockite) gallstones in uremic patientAndrea Cariati
General Surgery, San Martino, IST, University Hospital, Via Fratelli Coda 67 a, 16166 Genoa, Italy
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 37:e69-72. 2013....
- Postpneumonectomy bronchial stump recurrence and bronchopleural fistulaAndrea Cariati
General Surgery, San Martino, IST, University Hospital, Via Fratelli Coda 67 5 sc a Genoa 16166, Italy
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 20:439-42. 2012..To reduce the incidence of postpneumonectomy local recurrence, and to prevent the onset of bronchopleural fistula...