Genomes and Genes
- Santangeli S, Notarstefano V, Maradonna F, Giorgini E, Gioacchini G, Forner Piquer I, et al. Effects of diethylene glycol dibenzoate and Bisphenol A on the lipid metabolism of Danio rerio. Sci Total Environ. 2018;636:641-655 pubmed publisher..The findings provide a support for the hypothesis that BPA and DGB may be among the environmental contaminants with obesogenic property. ..
- Candelma M, Valle L, Colella S, Santojanni A, Carnevali O. Cloning, characterization, and molecular expression of gonadotropin receptors in European hake (Merluccius merluccius), a multiple-spawning species. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2018;44:895-910 pubmed publisher..All these data allow to increase the knowledge on reproductive physiology of an important socioeconomical species and it seeks to shed more light on the role of the receptors here studied during gametogenesis of multiple-spawning fish. ..
- Candelma M, Fontaine R, Colella S, Santojanni A, Weltzien F, Carnevali O. Gonadotropin characterization, localization and expression in the European hake (Merluccius merluccius). Reproduction. 2017;153:123-132 pubmed
- Api M, Bonfanti E, Lombardo F, Pignalosa P, Hardiman G, Carnevali O. Effects of age on growth in Atlantic bluefin tuna (Thunnus thynnus). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018;265:64-70 pubmed publisher..These results are useful in expanding basic knowledge about the metabolic system of ABFT and provide new knowledge for the aquaculture industry. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Olivotto I, Piccinetti C, Gioacchini G, Carnevali O. Effects of BPA on female reproductive function: The involvement of epigenetic mechanism. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;245:122-126 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this review is to summarize the effects of BPA on adult female reproduction with focus on epigenetic changes that can be heritable. ..
- Nozzi V, Strofaldi S, Piquer I, Di Crescenzo D, Olivotto I, Carnevali O. Amyloodinum ocellatum in Dicentrarchus labrax: Study of infection in salt water and freshwater aquaponics. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:179-185 pubmed publisher..However, in freshwater reared fish, a modification of lipid metabolism was observed through a reduction in PPAR? gene expression and hepatic lipid content. ..
- Renaud L, Silveira W, Hazard E, Simpson J, Falcinelli S, Chung D, et al. The Plasticizer Bisphenol A Perturbs the Hepatic Epigenome: A Systems Level Analysis of the miRNome. Genes (Basel). 2017;8: pubmed publisher..Chronic exposure to BPA has a significant impact on the liver miRNome and transcriptome in adult zebrafish with the potential to cause adverse health outcomes including cancer. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Zanardini M, Notarstefano V, Gioacchini G, Forner Piquer I, et al. Effects of diisononyl phthalate on Danio rerio reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:1051-1062 pubmed publisher..The findings provide evidence that exposure to DiNP adversely affect oocytes growth and maturation, leading to abnormal gonadal development and reproduction in zebrafish. ..
- Carnevali O, Tosti L, Speciale C, Peng C, Zhu Y, Maradonna F. DEHP impairs zebrafish reproduction by affecting critical factors in oogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10201 pubmed publisher..Since there is a significant genetic similarity between D.rerio and humans, the harmful effects observed at oocyte level may be relevant for further molecular studies on humans. ..
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Miccoli A, Maradonna F, De Felice A, Caputo Barucchi V, Estonba A, Genangeli M, et al. Detection of endocrine disrupting chemicals and evidence of their effects on the HPG axis of the European anchovy Engraulis encrasicolus. Mar Environ Res. 2017;127:137-147 pubmed publisher..Our results have developed the understanding of the European anchovy's reproductive toxicological risk and our approach could assist the comprehension of the complex dynamics of commercially relevant Teleost species. ..
- Miccoli A, Olivotto I, De Felice A, Leonori I, Carnevali O. Characterization and transcriptional profiles of Engraulis encrasicolus' GnRH forms. Reproduction. 2016;152:727-739 pubmed
- Miccoli A, Leonori I, Estonba A, De Felice A, Piccinetti C, Carnevali O. Clupeiformes' Egg Envelope Proteins characterization: The case of Engraulis encrasicolus as a proxy for stock assessment through a novel molecular tool. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2016;100:95-108 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we proposed a multivariate statistics-based method to objectively infer and/or confirm the classification of Engraulis encrasicolus' sexual maturity stages by analyzing data of zp mRNAs' relative abundance. ..
- Carnevali O, Gioacchini G, Maradonna F, Olivotto I, Migliarini B. Melatonin induces follicle maturation in Danio rerio. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19978 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the effects of melatonin in promoting zebrafish reproduction exerting its effects either in the brain-pituitary and in the gonads. ..