- Intravenous thrombolysis on early recurrent cardioembolic stroke: 'Dr Jekyll' or 'Mr Hyde'?Manuel Cappellari
Division of Neurology, Department of Neurosciences, Verona, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 23:78-81. 2012..Intravenous thrombolysis was successfully repeated after echocardiographic evidence of left appendage thrombus in the first case and discontinued before complete administration in the second...
- The risk stratification based on the CHA₂DS₂-VASc may predict the response to intravenous thrombolysis after strokeManuel Cappellari
Stroke Unit, Division of Neurology, Department of Neuroscience, Azienda Ospedaliera Univarsitaria Integrata, Piazzale A Stefani 1, 37126, Verona, Italy
J Neurol 260:2681-3. 2013..Low-risk level based on the prestroke CHA2DS2-VASc score was predictor of effective response to IV thrombolysis. Very high-risk level was predictor of failed response, compared with low-risk level...
- The THRombolysis and STatins (THRaST) studyManuel Cappellari
SSO Stroke Unit, U O Neurologia d O, DAI di Neuroscienze, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata, Italy
Neurology 80:655-61. 2013..To assess the impact on stroke outcome of statin use in the acute phase after IV thrombolysis...
- Intravenous alteplase for acute ischemic stroke in patients with current malignant neoplasmManuel Cappellari
SSO Stroke Unit, U O Neurologia d O, DAI di Neuroscienze, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata, Verona, Italy
J Neurol Sci 325:100-2. 2013..The aim of the present study is to assess whether intravenous (IV) thrombolysis is safe and effective in patients with current non-malignant neoplasm in absence of metastatic disease or other additional risk factors of bleeding...
- Does statin in the acute phase of ischemic stroke improve outcome after intravenous thrombolysis? A retrospective studyManuel Cappellari
Division of Neurology, Department of Neurosciences, Piazzale A Stefani 1, 37126 Verona, Italy
J Neurol Sci 308:128-34. 2011....
- Multiple radiculopathy as the presenting manifestation of primary spinal leptomeningeal B cell lymphoma detected by flow cytometry of cerebrospinal fluidManuel Cappellari
Department of Neurological, Neuropsychological, Morphological and Movement Sciences, Policlinico G Rossi, University of Verona, Italy, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Neurol Sci 32:1171-4. 2011..Interestingly, the diagnosis was possible only by cerebrospinal fluid flow cytometry...
- Blue rubber bleb nevus syndrome with late onset of central nervous system symptomatic involvementGiampaolo Tomelleri
Unita Operativa di Neurologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Verona, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:501-4. 2010..Here, we describe a case of 82-year-old patient presenting multiple skin haemangiomas for some years, who was admitted for a brain hemorrhage. The MRI demonstrated the presence of multiple cavernous angiomas within the cerebral tissue...
- Chronic fusiform aneurysm evolving into giant aneurysm in the basilar arteryManuel Cappellari
Stroke Unit, U O Neurologia d O, DAI di Neuroscienze, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata Verona, Verona, Italy
Neurol Sci 33:111-5. 2012..The patient presented recurrent ischemic events involving the posterior circulation without aneurysmal rupture or bleeding...
- Dide-Botcazo syndrome due to bilateral occlusion of posterior cerebral arteryManuel Cappellari
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche e della Visione, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Verona, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:99-101. 2010..Sequential intravenous (i.v.) and intra-arterial (i.a.) thrombolysis were ineffective and the patient developed a complete Dide-Botcazo syndrome...
- Ataxia in posterior circulation stroke: clinical-MRI correlationsCristina Deluca
Department of Neurological and Vision Sciences, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Neurol Sci 300:39-46. 2011..Although ataxia has been described in posterior circulation (PC) stroke series, there are no prospective studies that have investigated a possible differential role of the cerebellum or its input/outputs in causing ataxia...