- NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1) loss of function in Burkitt's lymphoma cell linesFrancesca Bruge
Institute of Biochemistry, Polytechnic University of the Marche, Ancona, Italy
Biofactors 32:71-81. 2008..On the other hand, this result suggests a careful re-evaluation of data concerning loss of NQO1 activity and polymorphisms in tumour cells...
- Reference gene validation for qPCR on normoxia- and hypoxia-cultured human dermal fibroblasts exposed to UVA: is β-actin a reliable normalizer for photoaging studies?F Bruge
Dipartimento Scienze Cliniche Specialistiche ed Odotontostomatologiche, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, I 60131 Ancona, Italy
J Biotechnol 156:153-62. 2011..These reference genes are hence recommended for future qPCR analyses in studies concerning photo-damage on UVA-treated HDF...
- Olive oil supplemented with menaquinone-7 significantly affects osteocalcin carboxylationFrancesca Bruge
Department of Biochemistry, Biology and Genetics, Polytechnic University of Marche, Via Ranieri, 60100 Ancona, Italy
Br J Nutr 106:1058-62. 2011..We conclude that regular consumption of MK-7-enriched olive oil may constitute a valid approach in order to preserve some key biochemical mechanisms controlling bone mineralisation...
- Nanostructured lipid carriers loaded with CoQ10: effect on human dermal fibroblasts under normal and UVA-mediated oxidative conditionsFrancesca Bruge
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche Specialistiche ed Odontostomatologiche, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Brecce Bianche, 60131 Ancona, Italy
Int J Pharm 455:348-56. 2013....
- Olive oil supplemented with Coenzyme Q(10): effect on plasma and lipoprotein oxidative statusFrancesca Bruge
Department of Clinical and Dental Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Biofactors 38:249-56. 2012..These changes are associated with a decreased susceptibility of plasma lipoproteins to peroxidation associated with a chain-breaking antioxidant activity of the formulation...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of ubiquinol-10 on young and senescent endothelial cells via miR-146a modulationFabiola Olivieri
Department of Clinical and Molecular Sciences, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 63:410-20. 2013..These phenomena may play a role in preventing the endothelial dysfunction associated with major age-related diseases...
- Prolonged coenzyme Q10 treatment in Down syndrome patients: effect on DNA oxidationLuca Tiano
Department of Biochemistry Biology and Genetics, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Neurobiol Aging 33:626.e1-8. 2012..Our results highlight an age-specific reduction in the percentage of cells showing the highest amount of oxidized bases, indicating a potential role of CoQ(10) in modulating DNA repair mechanisms...
- Prevention of UVA-induced oxidative damage in human dermal fibroblasts by new UV filters, assessed using a novel in vitro experimental systemFrancesca Bruge
Dipartimento Scienze Cliniche Specialistiche ed Odontostomatologiche, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e83401. 2014....
- Coenzyme Q10 content in follicular fluid and its relationship with oocyte fertilization and embryo gradingAngelo Turi
Department of Clinical Sciences, Unit of Obstetrics and Gynecology at G Salesi Hospital, Polytechnic University of Marche, Via F Corridoni 11, 60123 Ancona, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:1173-6. 2012..No data are available on the presence and content of Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) in human follicular fluid and its role...
- Nitroxides and a nitroxide-based UV filter have the potential to photoprotect UVA-irradiated human skin fibroblasts against oxidative damageElisabetta Venditti
Dipartimento di Biochimica, Biologia e Genetica, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, I 60131 Ancona, Italy
J Dermatol Sci 63:55-61. 2011....
- A novel Real Time PCR strategy to detect SOD3 SNP using LNA probesFrancesca Bruge
Department of Biochemistry, Biology and Genetics, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Mutat Res 669:80-4. 2009..Moreover, identification of patients with lowered vascular antioxidant defences could address pharmacogenomical approaches to the therapy of cardiovascular diseases...