- Changes of body mass index in celiac children on a gluten-free dietP Brambilla
Italian Federation of Family Pediatricians FIMP, Department of Continuing Medical Education, Area Lombardia, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:177-82. 2013..We measured body mass index (BMI) of CD children followed by family pediatricians in order to estimate prevalence of underweight and overweight at diagnosis and to describe BMI changes during GFD...
- Is the prevalence of overweight reducing at age 5-6 years? Ten years data collection in ASL Milano 2Paolo Brambilla
ASL Milano 2, Melegnano, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 38:24. 2012..Aim of the study was to describe changes of overweight and obesity prevalence during the last decade in 5-6 y children in a large Health Unit in Northern Italy...
- Physical activity as the main therapeutic tool for metabolic syndrome in childhoodP Brambilla
ASL Milano 2, Milano, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 35:16-28. 2011..Finally, we have tried to suggest recommendations for a multiple-step PA strategy in children and adolescents at risk for MS, by considering PA as the 'key' player in treatment...
- Metabolic syndrome in children with Prader-Willi syndrome: the effect of obesityP Brambilla
ASL Milano 2, Milano, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:269-76. 2011..In PWS, the presence of metabolic syndrome (MS) has not yet been established. The aim of the study was to estimate the frequency of MS and its components in pediatric subjects according to obesity status...
- [Usefulness of the 5-6-yrs-old anthropometric health report for the evaluation of childhood overweight and obesity: pilot study in Lombardia (Italy)]Paolo Brambilla
Pediatra di libera scelta, Federazione italiana medici pediatri, Dipartimento di formazione permanente, Lombardia
Epidemiol Prev 31:56-61. 2007..To verify the possibility to use the Anthropometric Health Report (AHR), containing the BMI value, for overweight/obesity evaluation in 5-6-years-old children...
- Crossvalidation of anthropometry against magnetic resonance imaging for the assessment of visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue in childrenP Brambilla
Department of Pediatrics, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:23-30. 2006..The studies hitherto available for children have, however, been performed on small sample sizes...
- Peculiar body composition in patients with Prader-Labhart-Willi syndromeP Brambilla
Department of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Italy
Am J Clin Nutr 65:1369-74. 1997..These results suggest the importance of an accurate analysis of body composition in PWS patients...
- Metabolic risk-factor clustering estimation in children: to draw a line across pediatric metabolic syndromeP Brambilla
ASL Provincia di Milano 2, Milano, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:591-600. 2007..We reviewed the current literature on the MS, focusing on those studies that used the MS diagnostic criteria to analyze children, and we observed extreme heterogeneity for the sets of variables and cutoff values chosen...
- [Treatment of childhood obesity]G Trifiro
U O Neonatologia Pediatria, Ospedale San Giuseppe, Milano, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 55:471-82. 2003..Obesity is a chronic disease and its treatment needs long-life follow-up. The long-term results of the obesity treatment are often disappointing and we have to consider consistent prevention programs for better results...
- [The use of psychotropic drugs in an Italian psychiatric hospital: a two-year-long follow-up study]P Brambilla
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri Milano
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 8:262-9. 1999..Following the introduction of guidelines of rational drug use, the pharmacoepidemiology of psychotropic drugs was investigated in a sample of long-stay patients living in a Italian psychiatric hospital...
- Early onset of puberty in young girls: an Italian cross-sectional studyG Russo
Department of Pediatrics, Endocrine Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 35:804-8. 2012..A study in the United States (1997) showed an anticipation in pubertal onset, whereas several European studies did not confirm this trend...
- Highly active antiretroviral-treated HIV-infected children show fat distribution changes even in absence of lipodystrophyP Brambilla
Department of Pediatrics, Scientific Institute H S. Raffaele, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
AIDS 15:2415-22. 2001..Changes in body fat composition are detectable by DXA even in the absence of signs of Lipodystrophy. Only LD+ show true central obesity...
- Reference body composition and anthropometryM F Rolland-Cachera
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:1010. 2005