- Role of adiponectin and leptin on body development in infants during the first year of lifeElena Bozzola
Paediatrics Department, University of Pavia, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Piazzale Golgi 2, Pavia, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 36:26. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate levels of adiponectin, leptin and insulin in appropriate (AGA) and small for gestational age (SGA) children during the 1st year of life and to correlate these with auxological parameters...
- HHV6 meningoencephalitis sequelae in previously healthy childrenE Bozzola
Pediatric and Infectious Disease Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Infection 40:563-6. 2012..Complications are rare in healthy children. Encephalopathy has rarely been associated with HHV6 infection in children not affected by chronic disease...
- [Spinocerebellar ataxias in infancy: pathogenesis of potassium and calcium channels' diseases, clinical features and therapeutical approach]E Bozzola
Dipartimento di Scienze Pediatriche, Fondazione IRCCS San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 59:149-56. 2007..Clinically, SCA6 is characterized by a slowly progressive development and by an inverse correlation between the number of repeats and the severity of the disease...
- The first case of Nocardia transvalensis infection in varicella in a previously immunocompetent childElena Bozzola
Infectious Disease Unit, Paediatric Department, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio, 00165 Rome, Italy
Vaccine 29:3103-5. 2011..It is likely that varicella induced immunodepression, facilitating opportunistic infection in an otherwise healthy and immunocompetent child. To our knowledge, our report is the first case of Nocardia infection in varicella...
- Paediatric tubercular spinal abscess involving the dorsal, lumbar and sacral regions and causing spinal cord compressionElena Bozzola
Department of Pediatric, Pediatric and Infectious Diseases Unit, Bambino Gesù Childrens Hospital, IRCCS, Rome Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pavia, Pavia Department of Radiology, Bambino Gesù Childrens Hospital, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Infez Med 21:220-3. 2013....
- Acute cerebellitis in varicella: a ten year case series and systematic review of the literatureElena Bozzola
Department of Pediatric, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Pediatric and Infectious Diseases Unit, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:57. 2014..Nevertheless, it has been scarcely studied. The objective of this study were to asses the occurrence of AC among children hospitalized for varicella and to analyze its specific clinical picture and outcome...
- Metabolic syndrome in Turner syndrome and relation between body composition and clinical, genetic, and ultrasonographic characteristicsValeria Calcaterra
1 Department of Internal Medicine University of Pavia and Department of the Mother and Child Health, Pediatric Unit, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 12:159-64. 2014..No data are currently available on the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in TS subjects. We evaluated the frequency of metabolic syndrome in obese and nonobese patients with TS...
- Multiple cerebral sinus thromboses complicating meningococcal meningitis: a pediatric case reportElena Bozzola
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric and Infectious Diseases Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
BMC Pediatr 14:147. 2014..Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVT) is a rare and potentially life-threatening condition in the pediatric population. The clinical presentation is frequently nonspecific; thus diagnosis is often delayed or missed...
- Late diagnosis of celiac disease in an asymptomatic infant with growth failureMauro Bozzola
Internal Medicine and Therapeutics Department, University of Pavia, Fondazione IRCCS San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:4. 2014....
- Neurological complications of varicella in childhood: case series and a systematic review of the literatureElena Bozzola
Paediatric and Infectious Disease Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 30:5785-90. 2012..The obtained results may be useful for estimating costs associated with hospitalization from varicella in cost-benefit analysis for immunization...
- Different long-term response to growth hormone therapy in small- versus appropriate-for-gestational-age children with growth hormone deficiencyCristina Meazza
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Terapia Medica, Universita di Pavia, Centro di Ricerca di Auxologia, Pavia, Italy
Horm Res Paediatr 79:214-9. 2013....
- Linezolid therapy for pediatric thoracic spondylodiscitis due to Staphylococcus aureus sepsisAndrzej Krzysztofiak
Department of Pediatric Medicine, Infectious Diseases Unit, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Piazza S Onofrio No 4, Rome, Italy
Int J Infect Dis 14:e205-7. 2010....