- Interobserver agreement in the interpretation of computed tomography in acute pulmonary embolismGiorgio Costantino
Division of Internal Medicine II, Department of Clinical Sciences, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, 20157 Milan, Italy
Am J Emerg Med 27:1109-11. 2009..In the case of negative or nonmassive PE diagnosis, a second evaluation of the CT performed by an expert CT radiologist would probably be effective to decrease the CT evaluation error...
- Errors in medical literature: not a question of impactGiorgio Costantino
Medicina Interna II, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Ospedale L Sacco, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via GB Grassi 74, 20157, Milan, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 8:157-60. 2013..Our results could be a clue to editorial and peer review systems system weaknesses. A debate within the scientific medical community about these systems, and possible alternative adjustments are needed...
- Syncope risk stratification in the emergency departmentGiorgio Costantino
Unità Operativa di Medicina Interna II, Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche L Sacco, Ospedale L Sacco, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via GB Grassi 74, Milano 20157, Italy
Cardiol Clin 31:27-38. 2013..Different rules and risk scores have been proposed. More ad hoc studies are needed to define the prognostic and diagnostic roles of the brain natriuretic peptide and other noninvasive laboratory markers...
- Bleeding risk during treatment of acute thrombotic events with subcutaneous LMWH compared to intravenous unfractionated heparin; a systematic reviewGiorgio Costantino
Unità Operativa di Medicina Interna II, Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche L Sacco, Ospedale L Sacco, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e44553. 2012..Major bleeding was the primary end point...
- Eligibility criteria in heart failure randomized controlled trials: a gap between evidence and clinical practiceGiorgio Costantino
Division of Internal Medicine II, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Via GB Grassi 74, Milan, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 4:117-22. 2009..These results underline the crucial role of patient selection in clinical trials, raising uncertainties about the complete applicability of trial results to clinical practice...
- [A complicated case of purulent pericarditis secondary to pneumonia]Francesco Casella
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche, Universita degli Studi, Divisione di Medicina II, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, Milano
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 9:205-7. 2008..In particular, we emphasize the importance of early recognition, prompt institution of appropriate antibiotic therapy and early drainage for survival...