Affiliation: Bosisio Parini
- Retrospective diagnosis of congenital cytomegalovirus infection and cortical maldevelopmentC Zucca
Neurophysiopathology Unit, IRCCS E Medea, Bosisio Parini, LC, Italy
Neurology 61:710-2. 2003..This can now be done by detection of CMV DNA in dried blood spots (DBS test) on Guthrie cards. The authors used DBS tests to assess 10 patients with MCD of unknown cause. Four of the 10 patients were positive for CMV...
- Unilateral periventricular nodular heterotopia associated with diffuse areas of cerebral functional abnormalitiesR Borgatti
Department of Child Neuropsychiatry, Eugenio Medea Scientific Institute, Bosisio Parini Lecco, Italy
J Child Neurol 15:622-6. 2000..The neuropsychologic assessment revealed a dysfunction of the frontal associative areas. Data collected led the authors to suspect a more diffuse cortical dysfunction than the nodular heterotopia revealed on magnetic resonance imaging...
- A novel mutation in KCNQ2 associated with BFNC, drug resistant epilepsy, and mental retardationR Borgatti
Divisione di Neuroriabilitazione 1, IRCCS Eugenio Medea, Bosisio Parini, Lecco, Italy
Neurology 63:57-65. 2004..This current limits neuronal hyperexcitability by causing spike-frequency adaptation...
- Diazepam binding inhibitor (DBI) in the plasma of pediatric and adult epileptic patientsC Ferrarese
Scientific Institute E Medea, Bosisio Parini, Lecco, Italy
Epilepsy Res 29:129-34. 1998..Based on these findings, plasma DBI may be considered as a peripheral biological marker of epilepsy and, in association with lymphocyte benzodiazepine receptor density, of anticonvulsant drug responsiveness...
- A novel mutation in the ATP1A2 gene causes alternating hemiplegia of childhoodM T Bassi
J Med Genet 41:621-8. 2004
- On the classification of experimental data modeled via a stochastic leaky integrate and fire model through boundary valuesL Sacerdote
Department of Mathematics, University of Torino, Via Carlo Alberto 10, 10123 Torino, Italy
Bull Math Biol 68:1257-74. 2006..We show the existence of at least three different firing patterns that could not be classified using the usual statistical indices...