Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Bosisio Parini
- No evidence for association and linkage disequilibrium between dyslexia and markers of four dopamine-related genesC Marino
Scientific Institute Eugenio Medea, Department of Child Psychiatry, Don L Monza 20, 23842, Bosisio Parini LC, Italy
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 12:198-202. 2003..No evidence of either association or linkage disequilibrium was found, neither in the total sample nor in the comorbid subgroup. Negative results do not support a common genetic basis between these two disorders for these markers...
- An assessment of transmission disequilibrium between quantitative measures of childhood problem behaviors and DRD2/Taql and DRD4/48bp-repeat polymorphismsCecilia Marino
The Eugenio Medea Scientific Institute, Department of Child Psychiatry, Via Don Luigi Monza 20, Bosisio Parini, Lecco, Italy
Behav Genet 34:495-502. 2004..44). Although preliminary, these findings are consistent with previous data that suggest a role of the same polymorphism in influencing individual sensitivity to reward and response to social cues and reinforcements in man and animal...
- A family-based association study does not support DYX1C1 on 15q21.3 as a candidate gene in developmental dyslexiaCecilia Marino
Department of Child Psychiatry, Scientific Institute Eugenio Medea, via Don L Monza 20, 23842 Bosisio Parini, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 13:491-9. 2005..While D1X1C1 is a good candidate gene for DD, we were unable to replicate the original findings between DYX1C1 gene and DD, perhaps due to genetic heterogeneity...
- COMT Val158Met polymorphism and socioeconomic status interact to predict attention deficit/hyperactivity problems in children aged 10-14Maria Nobile
Department of Child Psychiatry, Eugenio Medea Scientific Institute, Via Don Luigi Monza 20, 23842, Bosisio Parini LC, Italy
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 19:549-57. 2010....
- Pleiotropic effects of DCDC2 and DYX1C1 genes on language and mathematics traits in nuclear families of developmental dyslexiaCecilia Marino
Department of Child Psychiatry, Scientific Institute Eugenio Medea, Via Don Luigi Monza, 20, 23842 Bosisio Parini, LC, Italy
Behav Genet 41:67-76. 2011..65). No statistically significant associations were found between DCDC2 or DYX1C1 and language phenotypes. Both DCDC2 and DYX1C1 DD susceptibility genes appear to have a pleiotropic role on mathematics but not language phenotypes...
- DCDC2 genetic variants and susceptibility to developmental dyslexiaCecilia Marino
Department of Child Psychiatry, Scientific Institute Eugenio Medea, Bosisio Parini, Italy
Psychiatr Genet 22:25-30. 2012..3 region that encodes a gene called DCDC2. In this study, we explored the contribution of two DCDC2 markers to dyslexia, related reading and memory phenotypes in nuclear families of Italian origin...
- The influence of family structure, the TPH2 G-703T and the 5-HTTLPR serotonergic genes upon affective problems in children aged 10-14 yearsMaria Nobile
Department of Child Psychiatry, Eugenio Medea Scientific Institute, Bosisio Parini, Italy
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:317-25. 2009....
- Socioeconomic status mediates the genetic contribution of the dopamine receptor D4 and serotonin transporter linked promoter region repeat polymorphisms to externalization in preadolescenceMaria Nobile
Child Psychiatry Department, Eugenio Medea Scientific Institute, Via Don Luigi Monza 20, Bosisio Parini 23842 LC, Italy
Dev Psychopathol 19:1147-60. 2007....
- The Italian preadolescent mental health project (PrISMA): rationale and methodsAlessandra Frigerio
Child Psychiatry Unit, Scientific Institute E Medea, Bosisio Parini LC, Italy
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 15:22-35. 2006..The findings of this study are expected to allow an adequate planning of interventions for the prevention and the treatment of mental disorders in preadolescence as well as efficient health services...
- KIAA0319 and ROBO1: evidence on association with reading and pleiotropic effects on language and mathematics abilities in developmental dyslexiaSara Mascheretti
Child Psychopathology Unit, Scientific Institute, IRCCS Eugenio Medea, Bosisio Parini, Lecco, Italy
J Hum Genet 59:189-97. 2014..Taken together, our findings shed further light into the etiologic basis and the phenotypic complexity of this developmental disorder. ..
- A case-control and family-based association study of the 5-HTTLPR in pediatric-onset depressive disordersMaria Nobile
Child Psychiatry Unit, Eugenio Medea Scientific Institute, Bosisio, Parini, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 56:292-5. 2004....
- Variants in SNAP25 are targets of natural selection and influence verbal performances in womenRachele Cagliani
Bioinformatic Lab, Scientific Institute IRCCS E Medea, via Don L Monza 20, Bosisio Parini, LC, Italy
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:1705-15. 2012..Although caution should be used in inferring selective pressures from observed signatures, SNAP25 might represent the first description of an adaptively evolving gene with a role in cognition...
- Diagnosis and treatment of dysthymia in children and adolescentsMaria Nobile
Child Psychiatry Unit, Scientific Institute, Bosisio Parini LC, Italy
CNS Drugs 17:927-46. 2003....
- Influence of the serotonin transporter promoter gene and shyness on children's cerebral responses to facial expressionsMarco Battaglia
Department of Psychology, Vita Salute San Raffaele University at the Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:85-94. 2005..Childhood shyness can predate social anxiety disorder and may be associated with biased discrimination of facial expressions of emotions...