Affiliation: Bocconi University
- Traveling for care: Inter-regional mobility for aortic valve substitution in ItalyGiovanni Fattore
CERGAS and Department of Policy Analysis and Public Management, Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Health Policy 117:90-7. 2014..1 and 4.4). The extent and direction of patients' mobility raise equity concerns, as receiving care in locations that are distant from home requires substantial financial and relational resources. ..
- The importance of values in shaping how health systems governance and management can support universal health coverageGiovanni Fattore
Department of Policy Analysis and Public Management, SDA Bocconi School of Management, Research Center on Health and Social Care Management, Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy
Value Health 16:S19-23. 2013..This approach should thus be a starting point for those who strive to obtain universal health coverage...
- The social and economic burden of stroke survivors in Italy: a prospective, incidence-based, multi-centre cost of illness studyGiovanni Fattore
Centre for Research on Health and Social Care Management CERGAS and SDA Bocconi, Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:137. 2012..The aim of this study was to estimate the one-year societal costs due to a stroke event in Italy and to investigate variables associated with costs in different phases following hospital admission...
- Cost and reimbursement of cataract surgery in Europe: a cross-country comparisonGiovanni Fattore
CERGAS and Institute of Public Administration and Health Care, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
Health Econ 17:S71-82. 2008..Studies following this approach will gain importance if cross-country comparisons are to be used to promote European benchmarking exercises...
- Factors affecting an economic model for zoster vaccinationGiovanni Fattore
Centre for Research on Healthcare Management CERGAS, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
Herpes 14:52-5. 2007..Economic estimates of the burden of zoster and PHN in unvaccinated populations are scarce, and further studies are needed to measure the impact of these prevention strategies in different regions of the world...
- Inpatient reimbursement system in Italy: how do tariffs relate to costs?Giovanni Fattore
CERGAS and Institute of Public Administration and Health Care, Bocconi University, Viale Isonzo 23, 20135 Milan, Italy
Health Care Manag Sci 9:251-8. 2006..Microcosting is not used and, apparently, is not deemed as an appropriate methodology. After 10 years since their introduction national and regional tariffs are still not derived from explicit algorithms...
- Economic evaluation in health care: the point of view of informed physiciansGiovanni Fattore
CERGAS SDA, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
Value Health 9:157-67. 2006....
- The "Essential Levels of Care" in Italy: when being explicit serves the devolution of powersAleksandra Torbica
Centre for Research on Health and Social Care Management, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
Eur J Health Econ . 2005..It is argued that adequate monitoring systems and accountability procedures are still needed to make the essential levels of care an effective pivotal element of the Italian National Health Service...
- Funding health technologies in decentralized systems: A comparison between Italy and SpainGiulia Cappellaro
Centre for Research on Health and Social Care Management CERGAS, Universita Bocconi, Via Roentgen, 1, 20136 Milan, Italy
Health Policy 92:313-21. 2009..It is likely that the difficult search for a balance between introducing innovations, containing costs and assuring equity will require stronger regulatory action in the next future...
- Eliciting preferences to inform patient-centred policies: the case of psoriasisAleksandra Torbica
Department of Policy Analysis and Public Management, Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, via Roentgen 1, 20136, Milan, Italy
Pharmacoeconomics 32:209-23. 2014..To assess patient preferences for psoriasis treatment features and to investigate the heterogeneity of preferences among patients with different socio-demographic and disease-related characteristics...
- Network organizations of general practitioners: antecedents of formation and consequences of participationGiovanni Fattore
Department of Public Management and Institutional Analysis and CERGAS, Universita Bocconi, via Roentgen 1, 20136, Milan, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 10:118. 2010..However factors affecting GPs' choices to join a network and the consequences of network membership have not been evaluated...
- The last decade of Italian pharmaceutical policy: instability or consolidation?Giovanni Fattore
Pharmaceutical Observatory, CERGAS Centre for Research on Health Care Management, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
Pharmacoeconomics 26:5-15. 2008..Such a situation is causing increasing regional variations and geographical equity concerns. In addition, the regional level appears rather inadequate to promote an industrial perspective unless it is supported by national initiatives...
- Understanding the impact of economic evidence on clinical decision making: a discrete choice experiment in cardiologyAleksandra Torbica
Department of Institutional Analysis and Public Management, Bocconi University, Cergas, via Roentgen 1, 20121 Milano, Italy
Soc Sci Med 70:1536-43. 2010..Italian cardiologists appear to take cost-effectiveness information into account when deciding whether to use new treatments...
- Social network analysis in primary care: the impact of interactions on prescribing behaviourGiovanni Fattore
Department of Institutional Analysis and Public Management and CERGAS, Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy
Health Policy 92:141-8. 2009..The objective of this study is to provide an evaluation of the effects of GP network organisation on their prescribing behaviour...
- The impact of management on medical professionalism: a reviewDino Numerato
Department of Policy Analysis and Public Management, and CERGAS, Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy
Sociol Health Illn 34:626-44. 2012..This approach might also stimulate a discussion of medical professionals' relationships with members of other professional groups, including nurses and healthcare managers...
- Avoiding adverse drug reactions by pharmacogenetic testing: a systematic review of the economic evidence in the case of TPMT and AZA-induced side effectsAmelia Compagni
Center for Research in Health and Social Care Management, Department of Institutional Analysis and Public Management, Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 24:294-302. 2008..In particular, our analysis concentrated on assessing the reliability of data on costs of neutropenia and performing the tests, the two main cost categories that could inform an economic evaluation of TPMT pharmacogenetic testing...
- [Economic impact of cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with heart failure. Available evidence and evaluation of the CRT-Eucomed model for analysis of cost-effectiveness]Giovanni Fattore
Facoltà di Economia Aziendale, Università degli Studi Parthenope, Napoli, Istituto di Pubblica Amministrazione e Sanità, e CeRGAS, Università degli Studi Bocconi, Milano
Ital Heart J Suppl 6:796-803. 2005..The model presented can be easily adapted to take into account new evidence and to calculate cost per QALY gained in regional and local contexts...
- Service utilisation and costs of first-contact patients in a community psychiatric service in ItalyMauro Percudani
Department of Mental Health, Hospital of Legnano, Via Candiani 2, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 17:434-42. 2002..Higher treatment costs were positively associated with the presence of previous psychiatric contacts and referral to the CPS by other sources than a general practitioner, and negatively associated with age...
- The costs of multiple sclerosis: a cross-sectional, multicenter cost-of-illness study in ItalyMaria Pia Amato
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Florence, Italy
J Neurol 249:152-63. 2002..To estimate the socio-economic impact of multiple sclerosis (MS) in Italy...
- [Costs and outcome of care in subjects with severe mental disorders]Mauro Percudani
Dipartimento di Salute Mentale, Ospedale Civile di Legnano, Legnano
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 12:175-86. 2003..The objectives of the paper are the following: i) to describe the activities and the costs of care for patients with severe mental disorders; ii) to evaluate the association between costs, clients' characteristics and outcome measures...