- Isolation of a novel beta4 integrin-binding protein (p27(BBP)) highly expressed in epithelial cellsS Biffo
Department of Biological and Technological Research DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 272:30314-21. 1997..These results suggest that the p27(BBP) is an in vivo interactor of beta4, possibly linking beta4 to the intermediate filament cytoskeleton...
- The beta4 integrin interactor p27(BBP/eIF6) is an essential nuclear matrix protein involved in 60S ribosomal subunit assemblyF Sanvito
DIBIT, Department of Biological and Technological Research, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
J Cell Biol 144:823-37. 1999..A further function related to the beta4 integrin subunit may have evolved specifically in higher eukaryotic cells...
- Expression of a highly conserved protein, p27BBP, during the progression of human colorectal cancerF Sanvito
Department of Biological and Technological Research, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 60:510-6. 2000..Results suggested that p27BBP alterations are an early event in the transition from benign to malignant colorectal phenotypes and provide a novel tool in surgical pathology...
- The human ITGB4BP gene is constitutively expressed in vitro, but highly modulated in vivoA Donadini
DIBIT, Department of Biological and Technological Research, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132, Milan, Italy
Gene 266:35-43. 2001..Taken together, these data show that ITGB4BP gene expression is highly regulated in vivo, possibly by the combination of tissue specific factors and protein synthesis pathways...
- Localization of p27 beta 4 binding protein gene (ITGB4BP) to human chromosome region 20q11.2F Sanvito
Department of Biological and Technological Research, DIBIT, Milan, Italy
Genomics 52:111-2. 1998
- Immunocytochemical localization of protein p27BBP in human skin and invertebrate (Sepia officinalis) integumentA Bairati
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133, Milan, Italy
Cell Tissue Res 321:115-21. 2005....
- Phosphorylation of p27(BBP)/eIF6 and its association with the cytoskeleton are developmentally regulated in Xenopus oogenesisR Carotenuto
Dipartimento di Biologia Strutturale e Funzionale, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:1641-52. 2005..RNAse removes p27BBP/eIF6 from the cytokeratin fibres. Developmental data suggest a role of p27BBP/eIF6 in controlling ribosomal availability or regulating cross-talk between ribosomes and the cytoskeleton...
- Expression and binding characteristics of the BDNF receptor chick trkBG Dechant
Max Planck Institute for Psychiatry, Department of Neurobiochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Development 119:545-58. 1993....
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 6 selectively regulates Wnt signaling and beta-catenin protein synthesisY Ji
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington DC 20057, USA
Oncogene 27:755-62. 2008..Taken together these data reveal a link between eIF6 and Wnt signaling, perhaps at the level of ribosome recycling on beta-catenin mRNA...