- Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency in multiple sclerosis: clinical correlates from a multicentre studyStefano Bastianello
Department of Public Health and Neurosciences, IRCCS C, Mondino National Institute of Neurology Foundation, University of Pavia, Italy
BMC Neurol 11:132. 2011..However, its actual prevalence, possible association with specific MS phenotypes, and potential pathophysiological role are debated...
- Changes in magnetic resonance imaging disease measures over 3 years in mildly disabled patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis receiving interferon β-1a in the COGnitive Impairment in MUltiple Sclerosis (COGIMUS) studyStefano Bastianello
National Neurological Institute, C Mondino Foundation, Pavia, Italy
BMC Neurol 11:125. 2011..In clinical trials, MRI has been found to detect treatment effects with greater sensitivity than clinical measures; however, clinical and MRI outcomes tend to correlate poorly...
- Postinfectious neurologic syndromes: a prospective cohort studyEnrico Marchioni
C Mondino National Institute of Neurology Foundation, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Neurology 80:882-9. 2013..In this study, we aimed to a) describe the spectrum of PINSs; b) define predictors of outcome in PINSs; and c) assess the clinical/paraclinical features that help differentiate PINSs from multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Advanced magnetic resonance imaging in benign hereditary chorea: study of two familial casesGloria Maccabelli
Neuroradiology Unit, Neurological Institute IRCCS C Mondino Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Mov Disord 25:2670-4. 2010..With the limits of the small sample size in the patient group, these data show that, despite the absence of macroscopic changes on conventional MRI, volumetric and metabolic abnormalities are present in the basal nuclei of BHC patients...
- Novel hypomyelinating leukoencephalopathy affecting early myelinating structures: clinical course in two brothersDavide Tonduti
Department of Child Neurology and Psychiatry Unit, IRCCS, C Mondino National Institute of Neurology, Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Neuropediatrics 44:213-7. 2013..Our findings suggest that HEMS patients should undergo a new magnetic resonance imaging evaluation after a certain interval to look for possible progression of the abnormalities. ..
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in patients with partial status epilepticusCarlo Di Bonaventura
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Epilepsia 50:45-52. 2009..This study describes the electroclinical and neuroimaging findings in 10 patients with partial SE whose DWI evaluation disclosed periictal changes related to sustained epileptic activity...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy in the evaluation of treatment efficacy in unipolar major depressive disorder: a review of the literatureEduardo Caverzasi
C Mondino Institute of Neurology Foundation, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Funct Neurol 27:13-22. 2012....
- Spinal cord calcification in an early-onset progressive leukoencephalopathySimona Orcesi
Child Neurology and Psychiatry Unit, IRCCS C Mondino National Institute of Neurology Foundation, Pavia, Italy
J Child Neurol 26:876-80. 2011..In our opinion, our case, and probably 2 previously reported Japanese siblings with a picture very similar to that of our patient, could represent a new, progressive leukoencephalomyelopathy...
- Pisa syndrome in Parkinson's disease: clinical, electromyographic, and radiological characterizationCristina Tassorelli
IRCCS National Neurological Institute C Mondino Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Mov Disord 27:227-35. 2012..This postural abnormality deserves attention and proper early treatment to prevent comorbidities and pain...
- Cerebellum enlargement and corpus callosum agenesis: a longitudinal case reportAnna Pichiecchio
Neuroradiology Department, IRCCS C Mondino Foundation, National Neurological Institute, Pavia, Italy
J Child Neurol 26:756-60. 2011..We describe a 19-month-old patient with agenesis of the corpus callosum, who developed enlargement of the cerebellum without clinical signs of cerebellar impairment, a picture that has not been previously described...
- Changes in skeletal muscle qualities during enzyme replacement therapy in late-onset type II glycogenosis: temporal and spatial pattern of mass vs. strength responseSabrina Ravaglia
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Inherit Metab Dis 33:737-45. 2010..The better outcome of patients with low BMI, if confirmed, may indicate that dietary protocols could be adopted as adjuvant measures to ERT in adult GSDII...
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitisEnrico Marchioni
Neurological Institute Foundation IRCCS C Mondino, Pavia, Italy
Neurol Sci 29:S286-8. 2008..This paper describes the main features of ADEM, focusing in particular particular on the factors that influence its outcome and can guide the process of differential diagnosis...
- The N3 potential compared to sound and galvanic vestibular evoked myogenic potential in healthy subjects and in multiple sclerosis patientsMaurizio Versino
Fondazione Istituto Neurologico C Mondino, IRCCS and Dipartimento Scienze Neurologiche Università di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Vestib Res 17:39-46. 2007..The three techniques detected a similar number of abnormalities, but these abnormalities were not correlated. This suggests that these different techniques should be regarded as complementary in evaluating saccular function...
- Paroxysmal tonic eye deviation: an atypical presentation of hypothalamic hamartomaIvana Olivieri
Department of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Epileptic Disord 12:233-5. 2010..Published with video sequences]...