- Cradles of industry and occupational medicine in the modern world: Milan 1906 -- Annus MirabilisA Baldasseroni
CeRIMP, Regione Toscana, Firenze
Med Lav 104:73-80. 2013....
- [Work and health since Italian unification to now: achievements, needs, and directions from historiography]Alberto Baldasseroni
Centro Regionale Infortuni e Malattie Professionali, Firenze, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 33:455-9. 2011..In all periods doctors play a predominant role, while the presence of other professionals that instead had a leading role in the history of other industrialized countries, is downsized...
- Risk factors for operated carpal tunnel syndrome: a multicenter population-based case-control studyStefano Mattioli
Occupational Health Service, ASL di Ravenna, Ravenna, Italy
BMC Public Health 9:343. 2009..This population-based case-control study aims to investigate occupational/non-occupational risk factors for surgically treated CTS...
- Incidence rates of in-hospital carpal tunnel syndrome in the general population and possible associations with marital statusStefano Mattioli
Occupational Medicine Unit, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, dell Invecchiamento e Malattie Nefrologiche, University of Bologna, Italy
BMC Public Health 8:374. 2008..We evaluated age-sex-specific incidence rates of in-hospital cases of CTS in central/northern Italy and explored relations with marital status...
- [A systematic review of the effectiveness of workplace safety interventions]A Baldasseroni
CeRIMP Centro Regionale Infortuni e Malattie Professionali, Regione Toscana, Firenze
Med Lav 100:268-71. 2009..The authors carried out a systematic review of the effectiveness of workplace safety interventions, as a part of a wider project funded by CCM, Centre for Disease Control...
- [Occupational exposure to nickel in Tuscany: analysis of a biological monitoring register for the period 1991-1998]A Baldasseroni
SA di Epidemiologia, AUSL di Firenze
Med Lav 96:409-18. 2005..The study assesses the time trend in exposure to nickel among factory workers in Florence, via data on biological monitoring. A data-base of nickel in urinary samples (Ni-U mg/l) was created for the period 1991 to 1998...
- [Efficacy evidence in occupational medicine]A Baldasseroni
SA di Epidemiologia AUSL 10 di Firenze, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 28:212-5. 2006....
- [Longitudinal study for assessing the efficacy of preventive measures in a population of health workers exposed to the risk of patient lifting]A Baldasseroni
SA di Epidemiologia, ASL di Firenze, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 27:101-5. 2005..However no difference was found regarding to proportion of subjects positive at symptom questionnaire for low back pain and mean length of absenteeism for disease was similar even after the introduction of mechanical devices...
- Occupational injuries in ItalyAlberto Baldasseroni
Epidemiology Unit, Local Health Authority, Florence, Italy
Int J Occup Environ Health 11:77-81. 2005....
- [Future prospects]Alberto Baldasseroni
Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze
Epidemiol Prev 27:140. 2003
- A history of union struggles for control of the work environment in ItalyFrancesco Carnevale
Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Int J Occup Environ Health 11:6-11. 2005..The authors adopt the workers' viewpoint, highlighting the relevance of trade unions' so-called "participatory model," and sketching the recent impact of European legislation on the country's laws...
- [Mussolini's fight against occupational diseases (1922-1943): Italian leadership in the production of artificial silk]Francesco Carnevale
Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Unità funzionale prevenzione igiene e sicurezza nei luoghi di lavoro
Epidemiol Prev 27:114-20. 2003..Only the workers' fight around 1970 overcame the concept of the Corporative state introduced by the Fascism...
- [Comparison between two different Disability Weights calculations: the case of occupational injuries]Miriam Levi
Centro regionale infortuni malattie professionali e da lavoro CeRIMP, Regione Toscana, Firenze
Epidemiol Prev 35:307-14. 2011....
- [Dossier SALeM: a method for assessing the effectiveness of a public health program]Alberto Baldasseroni
SA di Epidemiologia, ASL di Firenze
Epidemiol Prev 28:279-86. 2004..Authors conclude that, anyhow, when evaluating the effectiveness of public health program introduced ex novo the experience of Italy is still under construction and knowledge has to be lended from foreign countries...
- [Common mental disorders in primary care: prevalence and determinants of a general health questionnaire as a screening tool]Maurizio Ferrara
Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Unità operativa sperimentale di psichiatria, Firenze
Epidemiol Prev 28:338-45. 2004..ghq-12)...
- Occupational risk factors for renal cell cancer: a case--control study in northern ItalyStefano Mattioli
Unita Operativa di Medicina del Lavoro, Policlinico Sant Orsola Malpighi, Via Pelagio Palagi 9, I 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Occup Environ Med 44:1028-36. 2002..02-68.0). Railway workers (on or near to trains) may have increased risk of developing RCC, possibly due to asbestos exposure. Studies are required on possible risks encountered by railway (and metal) workers and by managers...
- [A survey on fatal work accidents based on Mortality Registry data: results of the Tuscany study on INAIL and RMR cases in the period 1992-2996]Elisabetta Chellini
UO Epidemiologia ambientale occupazionale, Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Via di San Salvi 12, 50135 Firenze
Epidemiol Prev 26:11-7. 2002..Cases identified only from RMR, occurred in Tuscany in 1992-96, were 155: the vast majority occurred to farmers (mainly pensioners, and due to caterpillar upsetting), to bricklayers, to railway workers, to soldiers and to entrepreneurs...
- [Lombard citizens, school medicine and EBP]Eva Buiatti
Agenzia regionale di sanità della Toscana
Epidemiol Prev 28:80. 2004
- [A teaching experience of Evidence Based Prevention]Eva Buiatti
Agenzia regionale sanitaria Toscana, Osservatorio Epidemiologico
Epidemiol Prev 29:288-92. 2005..More education on EBP is advisable, including the application of distant learning techniques into the frame of Continuous Medical Education for all Italian professionals involved in Prevention...
- [Several considerations on the relationship between the precautionary principle and evidence based prevention]Alberto Baldasseroni
Epidemiol Prev 28:11-2. 2004