Affiliation: Azienda Ospedaliera S. Croce e Carle
- [How informed is patient consent to interventional cardiology procedures. A quality assurance survey by the nurses]Giuseppe Steffenino
Laboratorio di Emodinamica, A O S Croce e Carle, Cuneo
Ital Heart J Suppl 6:35-41. 2005..It should be given to the patient as early as possible after the procedure/intervention is planned. Testing the effectiveness of this new information policy has been included into the quality assurance goals by our nursing staff...
- [Risk factors, life habits and personal beliefs of nurses and nurse-students about cardiovascular prevention]Giuseppe Steffenino
Laboratorio di Emodinamica, Dipartimento Cardiovascolare, A O S Croce e Carle, Cuneo
Ital Heart J Suppl 6:172-7. 2005..Nurses have a strong role in helping patients improve their risk profile, and change their lifestyle. Behaviors and beliefs of the nurses (and physicians as well) are relevant to their "reliability" as models and educators...
- Care of acute myocardial infarction in the coronary care units of Piedmont in 2007: results from the 'PRIMA_sweet' region-wide surveyGiuseppe Steffenino
SSD Emodinamica, Dipartimento Cardiovascolare AO S Croce, Via Coppino 26, 12100 Cuneo, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 14:354-63. 2013..This new region-wide survey provides updated assessment of the management of STEMI and unprecedented data on NSTEMI...
- Implementation of radial arterial access for cardiac interventions: a strong case for quality assurance protocols by the nursing staffGiuseppe Steffenino
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Cardiovascular Department, Santa Croce and Carle Hospital, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 12:116-21. 2011..A quality assurance program was run by our nursing staff, with patient follow-up, to monitor radial arterial access implementation in our laboratory...
- Management of acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the coronary care units of Piedmont in 2005: results from the PRIMA regionwide surveyGiuseppe Steffenino
Catheterisation Laboratory, S Croce Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 9:169-77. 2008..We describe the clinical characteristics, treatment and outcomes of patients admitted to the coronary care units (CCUs) of the Regional Health System...
- Effectiveness of video-based patient information before percutaneous cardiac interventionsGiuseppe Steffenino
Struttura Semplice di Emodinamica, Dipartimento Cardiovascolare, Azienda Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:348-53. 2007..A video-based presentation was conducted to improve patient information in our centre. The effectiveness of this new instrument, in addition to the standard information sheet, was assessed...
- Management and outcomes of patients transferred for rescue coronary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarctionGiuseppe Steffenino
Cardiac Catheterization Unit, S Croce e Carle Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:739-45. 2004..The outcomes of a recent series of consecutive patients in our Center are presented...
- Half-dose thrombolysis to begin with, when immediate coronary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction is not possibleEugenio La Scala
Cardiac Catheterization Unit, S Croce e Carle Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:678-83. 2004..Reports are scarce. The characteristics and outcomes of a recent series of consecutive patients treated in our Center are presented...
- Vascular access complications after cardiac catheterisation: a nurse-led quality assurance programGiuseppe Steffenino
Cardiac Catheterisation Unit, Cardiovascular Department, Ospedale S Croce, Cuneo, Italy
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 5:31-6. 2006..Vascular access complications may be a cause of discomfort, prolonged hospital stay, and impaired outcomes in patients undergoing cardiac catheterisation...
- In-hospital and one-year outcomes of patients with high-risk acute myocardial infarction treated with thrombolysis or primary coronary angioplastyGiuseppe Steffenino
Department of Cardiology, S Croce e Carle Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:136-45. 2004..The aim of this study was to observe the outcomes of high-risk patients with acute myocardial infarction treated with primary angioplasty and intravenous thrombolysis in a community setting...
- [Angioplasty in the elderly]Giorgio Baralis
Laboratorio di Emodinamica, AO S Croce e Carle, Cuneo
Ital Heart J Suppl 6:65-71. 2005..A broad review of the literature is summarized in this paper, to help make therapeutic decisions in these patients...
- [Selection of contrast media for hemodynamic studies and limitation of the associated risk]Giorgio Baralis
Struttura Semplice di Emodinamica, Dipartimento di Malattie Cardiovascolari, A O S Croce e Carle, Cuneo
Ital Heart J Suppl 5:142-50. 2004....
- Nurses' observational study on the practice of secondary prevention in a cardiovascular departmentGiuseppe Steffenino
Cardiovascular Department, S Croce e Carle Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
Ital Heart J 4:473-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to observe secondary prevention practice in a cardiovascular department, as part of a quality assurance program...
- Early aggressive vs. initially conservative treatment in elderly patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome: the Italian Elderly ACS studyStefano Savonitto
Angelo De Gasperis Department of Cardiology, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 9:217-26. 2008..Despite their high-risk characteristics and worse outcomes, compared with younger patients, the elderly receive less aggressive treatments, also due to less clear evidence regarding the most effective treatment strategy...
- Primary angioplasty, instead of thrombolysis, for all patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction?Giuseppe Steffenino
Ital Heart J 4:219-24. 2003
- Combined Abciximab REteplase Stent Study in acute myocardial infarction (CARESS in AMI)Carlo Di Mario
Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am Heart J 148:378-85. 2004..If a mechanical recanalization is likely to be performed in an emergency, it is probably desirable that the patient receives abciximab, the glycoprotein IIb/IIIa antagonist with the strongest evidence of benefit for angioplasty in AMI...
- [Certification of quality in catheterization laboratories: from the requirements of GISE to ISO 9002]Antonio Dellavalle
Laboratorio di Emodinamica, Divisione di Cardiologia, ASO S Croce e Carle, Via M Coppino, 26 12100 Cuneo
Ital Heart J Suppl 4:28-31. 2003....
- Evidence, at intravenous contrast echocardiography, of coronary arterial supply to a metastatic cardiac tumorGiuseppe Steffenino
Divisione di Cardiologia Dipartimento delle Malattie Cardiovascolari Ospedale S Croce e Carle Via M Coppino, 26, 12100 Cuneo
Ital Heart J 3:335-6. 2002
- Outcome observations with drug-eluting stentsGiuseppe Steffenino
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 9:110-2. 2008
- [Of hubs, spokes and acute coronary syndromes]Giuseppe Steffenino
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 7:631-4. 2006
- [Coronary angioplasty in diabetic patients]Giuseppe Steffenino
Laboratorio di Emodinamica Divisione di Cardiologia Azienda Ospedaliera SS Croce e Carle Via M Coppino, 26 12100 Cuneo
Ital Heart J Suppl 3:9-15. 2002..This viewpoint is likely to be substantially modified in the near future, if the promise of "zero restenosis" devices is kept...