- Peginterferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin is more effective than peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for treating chronic hepatitis C virus infectionAntonio Ascione
Department of Gastroenterology, Liver Unit, Cardarelli Hospital, Napoli, Italy
Gastroenterology 138:116-22. 2010..This study compared the efficacy and safety of peginterferon alfa-2a and peginterferon alfa-2b, each in combination with ribavirin...
- Sustained virological response to antiviral therapy reduces mortality in HCV reinfection after liver transplantationFrancesco Paolo Picciotto
Unità Operativa Complessa di Epatologia, Azienda Ospedaliera di Rilievo Nazionale A Cardarelli, Napoli, Italy
J Hepatol 46:459-65. 2007..HCV infection recurs almost in all HCV-positive patients receiving liver transplantation and carries a poor prognosis. Aim of this study was to analyze efficacy and effect on survival of antiviral therapy in this clinical setting...
- Effect of alcohol, cigarette smoking, and diabetes on occurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with transfusion-acquired hepatitis C virus infection who develop cirrhosisGiovan Giuseppe Di Costanzo
Division of Hepatology, Cardarelli Hospital, Napoli, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:674-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to define the impact of these risk factors on the development of hepatocellular carcinoma in hepatitis C virus-related liver cirrhosis...
- Impact of age on toxicity and efficacy of sorafenib-targeted therapy in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinomaGiovan Giuseppe Di Costanzo
Liver Unit, Cardarelli Hospital, via A Cardarelli 9, 80131 Naples, Italy
Med Oncol 30:446. 2013..0146). In field practice, sorafenib treatment in elderly patients with cirrhosis and HCC resulted at least as effective and safe as in younger patients. However, severe AEs occurred more frequently in younger patients...
- Incidence of side effects during therapy with different types of alpha interferon: a randomised controlled trial comparing recombinant alpha 2b versus leukocyte interferon in the therapy of naive patients with chronic hepatitis CAntonio Ascione
Dept of Gastroenterology, Liver and Pancreatic Unit, Cardarelli Hospital, Naples, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 8:977-80. 2002....
- Sustained virological response to interferon-alpha is associated with improved outcome in HCV-related cirrhosis: a retrospective studySavino Bruno
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine, AO Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 45:579-87. 2007..Irrespective of SVR achievement, all patients should continue surveillance because the risk of occurrence of HCC was not entirely avoided...
- Prognostic value of quantitative liver function tests in viral cirrhosis: a prospective studyLuigi Addario
Unità Operativa Complessa di Epatologia, Azienda Ospedaliera A Cardarelli, Napoli, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:713-20. 2006....
- Factors influencing outcome of lamivudine in anti-HBe-positive chronic hepatitis BAntonio Ascione
Liver Unit, Cardarelli Hospital, Naples, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 53:919-23. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate factors influencing outcome of lamivudine therapy during two years of post-treatment follow-up in a prospective clinical trial...
- Fatal ischemic acute pancreatitis complicating trans-catheter arterial embolization of small hepatocellular carcinoma: do the risks outweigh the benefits?Luigi Addario
Hepatology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Cardarelli Hospital, Napoli, Italy
J Hepatol 49:149-52. 2008..Superselective embolization of the tumour-feeding artery and systematic monitoring of serum pancreatic enzymes after this radiological procedure are recommended...
- Natural history of chronic hepatitis C virus infectionAntonio Ascione
Unità a struttura complessa di Epatologia, Azienda Ospedaliera di rilievo nazionale e di alta specializzazione A Cardarelli, Napoli, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:S4-7. 2007..that must be better analysed. In conclusion, only in a small group (no more than 15%) of all HCV-infected patients does the disease reduce quality and/or quantity of life...
- Real-world outcomes in patients with chronic hepatitis C: primary results of the PROBE studyAntonio Craxi
aDepartment of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Palermo, Palermo bDepartment of Public Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples cDepartment of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Torino, Torino dSPARC Consulting, Milan eRoche SpA, Monza fDepartment of Medicine, Centre for Liver Disease, Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Napoli, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:388-95. 2014..This large prospective multicentre cohort study aimed to improve knowledge of therapy for chronic hepatitis C (CHC) in real clinical practice...