- Noradrenalin vs terlipressin in patients with hepatorenal syndrome: a prospective, randomized, unblinded, pilot studyC Alessandria
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Torino, Italy
J Hepatol 47:499-505. 2007..Terlipressin is the one with the soundest evidence. Noradrenalin has been suggested as an effective alternative. The current study was aimed at assessing the efficacy and safety of noradrenalin vs terlipressin in patients with HRS...
- Midodrine in the prevention of hepatorenal syndrome type 2 recurrence: a case-control studyC Alessandria
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 41:298-302. 2009..Midodrine, an oral adrenergic vasoconstrictor, has been suggested to be an effective therapy in hepatorenal syndrome...
- Prevention of paracentesis-induced circulatory dysfunction in cirrhosis: standard vs half albumin doses. A prospective, randomized, unblinded pilot studyCarlo Alessandria
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Giovanni Battista Hospital University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 43:881-6. 2011..Albumin infusion (8g of albumin/L of ascites removed) is effective in preventing it, but high costs and scant availability limit its use...
- Endoscopic banding for esophageal variceal bleeding: technique and patient outcomeS Silvano
Gastro Hepatology Unit, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 57:111-5. 2011..Endoscopic variceal ligation (EVL) is recommended for the treatment of esophageal variceal bleeding. The aim of this study was to assess the most cost-effective timing of endoscopic follow-up after variceal eradication...
- [Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt and refractory ascites]M Guevara
Servicio de Hepatologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:285-91. 2004