Affiliation: Agency for Public Health
- Alcoholics Anonymous and other 12-step programmes for alcohol dependenceM Ferri
Agency of Public Health, Project Unit EBM and Models of Health Assistance, Via di Santa Costanza 53, Rome, Italy 00198
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD005032. 2006..Although it is the most common, AA is not the only 12-step intervention available there are other 12-step approaches (labelled Twelve Step Facilitation (TSF))...
- Heroin maintenance treatment for chronic heroin-dependent individuals: a Cochrane systematic review of effectivenessMarica Ferri
Agency of Public Health, Latium Region, Via di Santa Costanza 53, 00198 Rome, Italy
J Subst Abuse Treat 30:63-72. 2006..This review systematizes and compares studies showing some inconsistencies between their aims, their adopted outcomes, and their conclusions drawn from results...
- [Primary prevention for alcohol misuse in young people: a Cochrane Systematic Review]Marica Ferri
Gruppo Editoriale Cochrane su Droghe ed Alcol, Dipartimento di epidemiologia ASL RME, Rome
Ann Ist Super Sanita 40:47-53. 2004..The objectives of the systematic review were the identification and synthesis of the studies on psychosocial and educational programs for prevention of alcohol abuse and the assessment of long term interventions (over three years)...
- [Mortality of drug users attending public treatment centers in Italy 1998-2001: a cohort study]Marica Ferri
Agenzia di Sanità Pubblica della Regione Lazio, Via di Santa Costanza 53, 00198 Roma
Epidemiol Prev 31:276-82. 2007..to describe the overall and cause-specific mortality among heroin users attending Public Treatment Centers (PTCs) in Italy and to estimate the impact of heroin use on mortality in the general population...
- Does a pre-hospital emergency pathway improve early diagnosis and referral in suspected stroke patients?--Study protocol of a cluster randomised trial [ISRCTN41456865]Marica Ferri
Agenzia di Sanità Pubblica della Regione Lazio, Via di Santa Costanza, 53, 00198 Rome, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 5:66. 2005..The study was registered in the Current Controlled Trials Register: ISRCTN41456865--implementation of pre-hospital emergency pathway for stroke--a cluster randomised trial...
- An overview of systematic reviews of the effectiveness of opiate maintenance therapies: available evidence to inform clinical practice and researchLaura Amato
Department of Epidemiology, 00198 Rome, Italy
J Subst Abuse Treat 28:321-9. 2005..To summarize the major findings of the five Cochrane reviews on substitution maintenance treatments for opioid dependence...
- An emergency clinical pathway for stroke patients--results of a cluster randomised trial (isrctn41456865)Assunta De Luca
Public Health Agency of the Latium Region, Rome, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 9:14. 2009..Emergency Clinical Pathways (ECP) for stroke have never been tested in randomized controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Maintenance agonist treatments for opiate-dependent pregnant womenSilvia Minozzi
Department of Epidemiology, Lazio Regional Health Service, Via di Santa Costanza, 53, Rome, Italy, 00198
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD006318. 2013..Neonatal complications include narcotic withdrawal, postnatal growth deficiency, microcephaly, neuro-behavioural problems, increased neonatal mortality and a 74-fold increase in sudden infant death syndrome...
- [Implementation of an emergency clinical pathway for ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the Lazio Region: results of a pilot study]Assunta De Luca
Area Governo dell Offerta Lazio Sanità, Agenzia di Sanità Pubblica della Regione Lazio, Roma
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 9:118-25. 2008....
- Continuing medical education and evidence-based clinical pathways. Training emergency health workers in Latium, ItalyAssunta De Luca
Public Health Agency of Latium Region, Roma, Italy
Educ Health (Abingdon) 21:119. 2008..This paper illustrates the main characteristics of the educational model and the strategies and activities adopted to realize it...
- Effectiveness of interventions on opiate withdrawal treatment: an overview of systematic reviewsLaura Amato
Department of Epidemiology, Via S Costanza, 53, 00198 Rome, Italy
Drug Alcohol Depend 73:219-26. 2004..To provide an overview of 5 Cochrane reviews of different approaches for treating opioid withdrawal...
- Health policies on drug dependence must be based on scientific evidenceMarina Davoli
BMJ 324:1338. 2002
- Effect sizes in cumulative meta-analyses of mental health randomized trials evolved over timeThomas A Trikalinos
Institute for Clinical Care Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:1124-30. 2004..We evaluated whether the certainty and estimates of efficacy and tolerability of mental health interventions change over time, as more trials appear on the same topics...