Affiliation: Agency for Public Health
- [Mortality and hospital admissions in the industrial area of Civitavecchia, 1997-2004]Valeria Fano
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, ASL RM E, Roma
Epidemiol Prev 30:221-6. 2006..A coal power plant is currently under construction. The aim of the study is to evaluate the health of residents in the area, through the analysis of the mortality registry and the hospital discharge records...
- Air pollution and lung function among susceptible adult subjects: a panel studySusanna Lagorio
National Centre for Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299 00161 Rome, Italy
Environ Health 5:11. 2006....
- Occupational and environmental exposures and lung cancer in an industrialised area in ItalyV Fano
Department of Epidemiology, Roma E Health Authority, Rome, Italy
Occup Environ Med 61:757-63. 2004..To investigate the effects of occupational exposures and residence near to industrial sites on lung cancer mortality in an area in Italy...
- [Health effects of environmental contamination due to volcanic ash of Mount Etna in autumn 2002]Valeria Fano
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, ASL Roma E, Roma
Epidemiol Prev 29:180-7. 2005..High levels (over 200 microg/m3) of total suspended particles (PM10) were recorded. The aim of the study was to evaluate the acute health effects on mortality and hospital admissions in the area around the volcano...
- [Mortality (1995-2000) and hospital admissions (2001-2003) in the industrial area of Gela]Valeria Fano
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, ASL Roma E
Epidemiol Prev 30:27-32. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate the health of residents in the area, through the analysis of the mortality registry and the hospital discharge records...
- Mortality and morbidity among people living close to incinerators: a cohort study based on dispersion modeling for exposure assessmentAndrea Ranzi
Environmental Health Reference Centre, Regional Agency for Environmental Prevention of Emilia Romagna, Modena, Italy
Environ Health 10:22. 2011..Nevertheless, several uncertainties limit the overall interpretation of the findings. We evaluated the health effects of emissions from two incinerators in a pilot cohort study...
- A biomonitoring study on blood levels of beta-hexachlorocyclohexane among people living close to an industrial areaDaniela Porta
Department of Epidemiology, Lazio Regional Health Service ASL RME, Rome, Italy
Environ Health 12:57. 2013..We report the results of a biomonitoring study conducted in this region to evaluate the body burden of Beta-HCH and to identify the determinants of the human contamination...
- An outbreak of aseptic meningitis due to echovirus 30 associated with attending school and swimming in poolsAnnunziata Faustini
Department of Epidemiology, Local Health Agency RME, v S Costanza No 53, 00198 Rome, Italy
Int J Infect Dis 10:291-7. 2006..To identify the risk factors of an outbreak of meningitis associated with echovirus 30-infection that occurred in Rome, Italy, in late 1997 among children from two different schools...
- [Preliminary study of cause-specific mortality of a population exposed to 50 Hz magnetic fields, in a district of Rome municipality]Lucia Fazzo
Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Roma
Epidemiol Prev 29:243-52. 2005..To investigate cause-specific mortality in a population exposed to high levels of 50 Hz magnetic fields, in a district of Rome...
- [Mortality and hospital discharges in the population of Biancavilla (Sicily) contaminated by natural fibres]Achille Cernigliaro
Dipartimento Osservatorio Epidemiologico, Assessorato sanità, Regione Siciliana
Epidemiol Prev 30:227-31. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate the health of residents in the area, through the analysis of the mortality registry and the hospital discharge records...
- [Air pollution and cardiac and respiratory function in three groups of patients]Susanna Lagorio
Laboratorio di Epidemiologia e Biostatistica, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Roma
Ann Ist Super Sanita 39:395-404. 2003..In the IHD panel an increase of hearth rate variability associated with increasing concentration of PM2.5 was observed...