N E Ziv
- Principles of glutamatergic synapse formation: seeing the forest for the treesN E Ziv
Rappaport Institute and the Departmentof Anatomy and Cell Biology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, PO Box 9649, Bat Galim, Haifa 31096, Israel
Curr Opin Neurobiol 11:536-43. 2001....
- Recruitment of synaptic molecules during synaptogenesisN E Ziv
Rappaport Institute and the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Neuroscientist 7:365-70. 2001..These exciting findings are starting to provide a rudimentary framework for understanding key processes underlying the formation of glutamatergic synaptic connections...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of presynaptic assemblyNoam E Ziv
Rappaport Institute and the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Technion Faculty of Medicine, P O Box 9649, Haifa, Israel
Nat Rev Neurosci 5:385-99. 2004
- Assembly of new individual excitatory synapses: time course and temporal order of synaptic molecule recruitmentH V Friedman
Rappaport Institute and Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Neuron 27:57-69. 2000..These findings suggest that glutamatergic synapse assembly can occur within 1-2 hr after initial contact and that presynaptic differentiation may precede postsynaptic differentiation...
- The dynamics of SAP90/PSD-95 recruitment to new synaptic junctionsT Bresler
Rappaport Institute, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Mol Cell Neurosci 18:149-67. 2001..Our findings show that SAP90/PSD-95 is recruited to nascent synaptic junctions early during the assembly process and indicate that its assimilation is fundamentally different from that of presynaptic active zone components...
- Assembling the presynaptic active zone: a characterization of an active one precursor vesicleR G Zhai
Department of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Neuron 29:131-43. 2001..These studies demonstrate that the presynaptic active zone is formed in part by the fusion of an active zone precursor vesicle with the presynaptic plasma membrane...