Affiliation: Weizmann Institute of Science
- Yifrach E, Fischer S, Oeljeklaus S, Schuldiner M, Zalckvar E, Warscheid B. Defining the Mammalian Peroxisomal Proteome. Subcell Biochem. 2018;89:47-66 pubmed publisher..We believe that this dataset, represents a valuable surrogate map of the human peroxisomal proteome. ..
- Ast T, Aviram N, Chuartzman S, Schuldiner M. A cytosolic degradation pathway, prERAD, monitors pre-inserted secretory pathway proteins. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3017-23 pubmed publisher..Our discoveries delineate a new cellular safeguard, which ensures that every stage of secretory pathway protein biogenesis is scrutinized and regulated. ..
- Elbaz Alon Y, Rosenfeld Gur E, Shinder V, Futerman A, Geiger T, Schuldiner M. A dynamic interface between vacuoles and mitochondria in yeast. Dev Cell. 2014;30:95-102 pubmed publisher..The absence of one causes expansion of the other, and elimination of both is lethal. Identification of vCLAMP adds to our ability to understand the complexity of interorganellar crosstalk. ..
- Shai N, Yifrach E, van Roermund C, Cohen N, Bibi C, IJlst L, et al. Systematic mapping of contact sites reveals tethers and a function for the peroxisome-mitochondria contact. Nat Commun. 2018;9:1761 pubmed publisher..Our work showcases how systematic analysis of contact site machinery and functions can deepen our understanding of these structures in health and disease. ..
- Weill U, Yofe I, Sass E, Stynen B, Davidi D, Natarajan J, et al. Genome-wide SWAp-Tag yeast libraries for proteome exploration. Nat Methods. 2018;15:617-622 pubmed publisher..We developed methods utilizing these SWAT collections to systematically characterize the yeast proteome for protein abundance, localization, topology, and interactions. ..
- Megyeri M, Riezman H, Schuldiner M, Futerman A. Making Sense of the Yeast Sphingolipid Pathway. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:4765-4775 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss a number of putative roles of various yeast SL species. ..
- Castro I, Schuldiner M, Zalckvar E. Mind the Organelle Gap - Peroxisome Contact Sites in Disease. Trends Biochem Sci. 2018;43:199-210 pubmed publisher..New peroxisome contacts, their tethering complexes and functions have been recently discovered. However, if and how peroxisome contacts contribute to the development of peroxisome-related diseases is still a mystery. ..
- Ast T, Michaelis S, Schuldiner M. The Protease Ste24 Clears Clogged Translocons. Cell. 2016;164:103-114 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on a new and critical task of Ste24, which safeguards the essential process of translocation. ..
- Avci D, Fuchs S, Schrul B, Fukumori A, Breker M, Frumkin I, et al. The yeast ER-intramembrane protease Ypf1 refines nutrient sensing by regulating transporter abundance. Mol Cell. 2014;56:630-40 pubmed publisher..The combination of systematic analysis alongside mechanistic details uncovers a broad role of intramembrane proteolysis in regulating secretome dynamics. ..
- Zatorska E, Gal L, Schmitt J, Bausewein D, Schuldiner M, Strahl S. Cellular Consequences of Diminished Protein O-Mannosyltransferase Activity in Baker's Yeast. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..cerevisiae Pmt1 and Pmt2 proteins are highly similar on the sequence, as well as the structural level and act as a complex, we identified only Pmt2, but not Pmt1, as an Ost3-specific substrate protein. ..
- Aviram N, Schuldiner M. Embracing the void--how much do we really know about targeting and translocation to the endoplasmic reticulum?. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2014;29:8-17 pubmed publisher..Here, we will focus on the open questions regarding ER targeting and translocation, and discuss how combining classical biochemistry with systematic approaches can promote our understanding of these essential cellular steps. ..
- Eisenberg Bord M, Mari M, Weill U, Rosenfeld Gur E, Moldavski O, Castro I, et al. Identification of seipin-linked factors that act as determinants of a lipid droplet subpopulation. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:269-282 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest a mechanism to establish functional differentiation of organelles, opening the door to better understanding of metabolic decisions in cells. ..
- Eisenberg Bord M, Schuldiner M. Mitochatting - If only we could be a fly on the cell wall. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1469-1480 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Membrane Contact Sites edited by Christian Ungermann and Benoit Kornmann. ..
- Moldavski O, Amen T, Levin Zaidman S, Eisenstein M, Rogachev I, Brandis A, et al. Lipid Droplets Are Essential for Efficient Clearance of Cytosolic Inclusion Bodies. Dev Cell. 2015;33:603-10 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate a mechanism for IB clearance via a sterol-based metabolite emanating from LDs. Our findings therefore uncover a function for Iml2 and LDs in regulating a critical stage of cellular proteostasis. ..
- Elbaz Alon Y, Eisenberg Bord M, Shinder V, Stiller S, Shimoni E, Wiedemann N, et al. Lam6 Regulates the Extent of Contacts between Organelles. Cell Rep. 2015;12:7-14 pubmed publisher..Given that Lam6 is part of a large protein family and is conserved in vertebrates, our work opens avenues for investigating the underlying principles of organelle communication. ..