Affiliation: Weizmann Institute of Science
- Amsterdam A, Hanoch T, Dantes A, Tajima K, Strauss J, Seger R. Mechanisms of gonadotropin desensitization. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;187:69-74 pubmed....
- Amsterdam A, Shezen E, Raanan C, Slilat Y, Ben Arie A, Prus D, et al. Epiregulin as a marker for the initial steps of ovarian cancer development. Int J Oncol. 2011;39:1165-72 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the cytoplasmic aggregation of Ep may suggest a specific mechanism of the release of this growth factor to the extracellular space in order to exert its autocrine and paracrine effect on the family of the EGF receptors. ..
- Amsterdam A, Shezen E, Raanan C, Schreiber L, Slilat Y, Fabrikant Y, et al. Differential staining of ? synuclein in poorly differentiated compared to highly differentiated colon cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1451-4 pubmed publisher....
- Amsterdam A, Raanan C, Schreiber L, Freyhan O, Schechtman L, Givol D. Localization of the stem cell markers LGR5 and Nanog in the normal and the cancerous human ovary and their inter-relationship. Acta Histochem. 2013;115:330-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, targeting of Nanog by inhibitory miRNA or other means may assist in treating this disease. ..
- Amsterdam A, Raanan C, Polin N, Melzer E, Givol D, Schreiber L. Modulation of c-kit expression in pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a novel stem cell marker responsible for the progression of the disease. Acta Histochem. 2014;116:197-203 pubmed publisher..The use of specific drugs that can attenuate the kinase activity of c-kit or target KRAS expressing cancer cells should be tested in order to attenuate the progression of this lethal disease. ..