Affiliation: Weizmann Institute of Science
- Steuerman Y, Cohen M, Peshes Yaloz N, Valadarsky L, Cohn O, David E, et al. Dissection of Influenza Infection In Vivo by Single-Cell RNA Sequencing. Cell Syst. 2018;6:679-691.e4 pubmed publisher..These findings open new avenues for targeted therapy aimed exclusively at infected cells. ..
- Giladi A, Amit I. Single-Cell Genomics: A Stepping Stone for Future Immunology Discoveries. Cell. 2018;172:14-21 pubmed publisher..In this Perspective, we consider recent and forthcoming technological and analytical advances in single-cell genomics and the potential impact of those advances on the future of immunology research and immunotherapy. ..
- Mildner A, Schönheit J, Giladi A, David E, Lara Astiaso D, Lorenzo Vivas E, et al. Genomic Characterization of Murine Monocytes Reveals C/EBP? Transcription Factor Dependence of Ly6C- Cells. Immunity. 2017;46:849-862.e7 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, C/EBP? bound the Nr4a1 promoter and controlled expression of this established monocyte survival factor. ..
- Jaitin D, Weiner A, Yofe I, Lara Astiaso D, Keren Shaul H, David E, et al. Dissecting Immune Circuits by Linking CRISPR-Pooled Screens with Single-Cell RNA-Seq. Cell. 2016;167:1883-1896.e15 pubmed publisher..This study establishes CRISP-seq as a broadly applicable, comprehensive, and unbiased approach for elucidating mammalian regulatory circuits. ..
- Talmi Frank D, Altboum Z, Solomonov I, Udi Y, Jaitin D, Klepfish M, et al. Extracellular Matrix Proteolysis by MT1-MMP Contributes to Influenza-Related Tissue Damage and Mortality. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:458-470 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the importance of tissue resilience in surviving infection and the potential of such host-pathogen therapy combinations for respiratory infections. ..
- Deczkowska A, Matcovitch Natan O, Tsitsou Kampeli A, Ben Hamo S, Dvir Szternfeld R, Spinrad A, et al. Mef2C restrains microglial inflammatory response and is lost in brain ageing inÂ an IFN-I-dependent manner. Nat Commun. 2017;8:717 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show that the chronic presence of type I interferon in aged mouse brain impedes cognitive ability by altering microglia transcriptome and limiting Mef2C, a microglia 'off' signal. ..
- Keren Shaul H, Spinrad A, Weiner A, Matcovitch Natan O, Dvir Szternfeld R, Ulland T, et al. A Unique Microglia Type Associated with Restricting Development of Alzheimer's Disease. Cell. 2017;169:1276-1290.e17 pubmed publisher..This unique microglia-type has the potential to restrict neurodegeneration, which may have important implications for future treatment of AD and other neurodegenerative diseases. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Paul F, Arkin Y, Giladi A, Jaitin D, Kenigsberg E, Keren Shaul H, et al. Transcriptional Heterogeneity and Lineage Commitment in Myeloid Progenitors. Cell. 2015;163:1663-77 pubmed publisher..These data establish a reference model and general framework for studying hematopoiesis at single-cell resolution. ..
- Lavin Y, Winter D, Blecher Gonen R, David E, Keren Shaul H, Merad M, et al. Tissue-resident macrophage enhancer landscapes are shaped by the local microenvironment. Cell. 2014;159:1312-26 pubmed publisher..These results provide a comprehensive view of macrophage regulatory landscape and highlight the importance of the microenvironment, along with pioneer factors in orchestrating identity and plasticity. ..