Affiliation: University of Haifa
- Nevo E, Fu Y, Pavlicek T, Khalifa S, Tavasi M, Beiles A. Evolution of wild cereals during 28 years of global warming in Israel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3412-5 pubmed publisher..The revealed evolutionary changes imply unrealized risks present in genetic resources for crop improvement and human food production. ..
- Hu T, Sun X, Zhang X, Nevo E, Fu J. An RNA sequencing transcriptome analysis of the high-temperature stressed tall fescue reveals novel insights into plant thermotolerance. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:1147 pubmed publisher..Increased cell division, LMW/HMW-HSP, dissimilation and antioxidant transcript amounts in tall fescue were correlated with successful resistance to high temperature stress. ..
- Nevo E, Beiles A, Spradling T. Molecular evolution of cytochrome b of subterranean mole rats, Spalax ehrenbergi superspecies, in Israel. J Mol Evol. 1999;49:215-26 pubmed..Thus, the molecular evolution of mitochondrial cytochrome b in S. ehrenbergi is explicable by opposite selective stresses across the range of S. ehrenbergi in Israel, associated with the ecological adaptive radiation of the complex...
- Nevo E. Stress, adaptation, and speciation in the evolution of the blind mole rat, Spalax, in Israel. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013;66:515-25 pubmed publisher..It involves multiple adaptive complexes to life underground and is an evolutionary model to a few hundred underground mammals. It involves great promise in the future for medicine, space flight, and deep-sea diving...
- Armstrong D, McGowen M, Weckle A, Pantham P, Caravas J, Agnew D, et al. The core transcriptome of mammalian placentas and the divergence of expression with placental shape. Placenta. 2017;57:71-78 pubmed publisher..115 genes are important for the core functions of the placenta in all eutherian species analyzed. The molecular functions and pathways enriched in the core placenta align with the evolutionarily conserved functionality of the placenta. ..
- Yan J, Su P, Wei Z, Nevo E, Kong L. Genome-wide identification, classification, evolutionary analysis and gene expression patterns of the protein kinase gene family in wheat and Aegilops tauschii. Plant Mol Biol. 2017;95:227-242 pubmed publisher..graminearum to validate the prediction of microarray. Our results will provide the foundational information for further studies on the molecular functions of wheat PKs. ..
- Yablonovitch A, Fu J, Li K, Mahato S, Kang L, Rashkovetsky E, et al. Regulation of gene expression and RNA editing in Drosophila adapting to divergent microclimates. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1570 pubmed publisher..This work shows the extent to which gene expression and RNA editing differ between flies from different microclimates, and provides insights into the regulation responsible for these differences. ..
- Nevo E, Chen G. Drought and salt tolerances in wild relatives for wheat and barley improvement. Plant Cell Environ. 2010;33:670-85 pubmed publisher..Wild genetic resistances to drought and salinity will be shifted in the future from field experiments to the farmer. ..
- Nevo E, Beiles A, Korol A, Robin Y, Pavlicek T, Hamilton W. Extraordinary multilocus genetic organization in mole crickets, Gryllotalpidae. Evolution. 2000;54:586-605 pubmed..Simulations based on this model showed that a combination of these three mechanisms may produce the observed distribution of alleles, via selection on a few loci, to affect the entire genome organization. ..