Affiliation: University of Haifa
- Drawings vs. narratives: drawing as a tool to encourage verbalization in children whose fathers are drug abusersRachel Lev-Wiesel
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Haifa 31095, Israel
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 12:65-75. 2007....
- Perception vs. circumstances of the child sexual abuse event in relation to depression and post-traumatic stress symptomatologyRachel Lev-Wiesel
The Graduate School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Child Sex Abus 22:519-33. 2013..Women who experienced coerced intercourse scored significantly higher on depression and post-traumatic stress compared to those who experienced other forms of childhood sexual abuse. ..
- Past traumatic events: are they a risk factor for high-risk pregnancy, delivery complications, and postpartum posttraumatic symptoms?Rachel Lev-Wiesel
Professor and Head of the Graduate School of Creative Arts Therapies, Faculty of Welfare and Health Studies, Haifa, Israel
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:119-25. 2009..This study aimed to examine the association among past traumatic events, high-risk pregnancy, delivery complications, and postpartum posttraumatic stress (PTS) symptoms...
- The role of peripartum dissociation as a predictor of posttraumatic stress symptoms following childbirth in Israeli Jewish womenRachel Lev-Wiesel
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Hacarmel, Israel
J Trauma Dissociation 11:266-83. 2010..Furthermore, it examined the relation between life-traumatizing events, in particular childhood sexual abuse (CSA), dissociation tendencies, prenatal PTS, prenatal depression, peripartum dissociation, and postnatal PTS symptoms...
- Child sexual abuse: is it a risk factor for pregnancy?Lee Yampolsky
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Israel
J Adv Nurs 66:2025-37. 2010..This paper is a report of a study of the relationship of post-traumatic stress symptoms, depression, and health status to high risk pregnancy status in survivors of childhood sexual abuse...
- Childhood sexual abuse as a predictor of birth-related posttraumatic stress and postpartum posttraumatic stressRachel Lev-Wiesel
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Hacarmel, Haifa 31905, Israel
Child Abuse Negl 33:877-87. 2009..To investigate the extent to which childbirth may function as a retraumatization of childhood sexual abuse, and may exacerbate postpartum posttraumatic stress reactions...
- Inter-relationships between sexual abuse, female sexual function and childbirthRuth Gottfried
Emili Sagol Creative Arts Therapies Research Center, University of Haifa, 3478601 Haifa, Israel Faculty of Social Welfare and Health Sciences, University of Haifa, 3478601 Haifa, Israel Electronic address
Midwifery 31:1087-95. 2015..Additional variables studied include depression, mode of delivery, subjective birth experience and traumatic life events other than sexual abuse...
- Laughing through this pain: medical clowning during examination of sexually abused children: an innovative approachDafna Tener
University of Haifa, 31905 Haifa, Israel
J Child Sex Abus 19:128-40. 2010..The medical clown was found to assist in creating a pleasant and calm atmosphere, thus improving the child's cooperation during the examination...