Affiliation: University of Haifa
- Drawings vs. narratives: drawing as a tool to encourage verbalization in children whose fathers are drug abusersRachel Lev-Wiesel
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Haifa 31095, Israel
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 12:65-75. 2007....
- Perception vs. circumstances of the child sexual abuse event in relation to depression and post-traumatic stress symptomatologyRachel Lev-Wiesel
The Graduate School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Child Sex Abus 22:519-33. 2013..Women who experienced coerced intercourse scored significantly higher on depression and post-traumatic stress compared to those who experienced other forms of childhood sexual abuse. ..
- Past traumatic events: are they a risk factor for high-risk pregnancy, delivery complications, and postpartum posttraumatic symptoms?Rachel Lev-Wiesel
Professor and Head of the Graduate School of Creative Arts Therapies, Faculty of Welfare and Health Studies, Haifa, Israel
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:119-25. 2009..This study aimed to examine the association among past traumatic events, high-risk pregnancy, delivery complications, and postpartum posttraumatic stress (PTS) symptoms...
- The role of peripartum dissociation as a predictor of posttraumatic stress symptoms following childbirth in Israeli Jewish womenRachel Lev-Wiesel
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Hacarmel, Israel
J Trauma Dissociation 11:266-83. 2010..Furthermore, it examined the relation between life-traumatizing events, in particular childhood sexual abuse (CSA), dissociation tendencies, prenatal PTS, prenatal depression, peripartum dissociation, and postnatal PTS symptoms...
- Child sexual abuse: is it a risk factor for pregnancy?Lee Yampolsky
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Israel
J Adv Nurs 66:2025-37. 2010..This paper is a report of a study of the relationship of post-traumatic stress symptoms, depression, and health status to high risk pregnancy status in survivors of childhood sexual abuse...
- Childhood sexual abuse as a predictor of birth-related posttraumatic stress and postpartum posttraumatic stressRachel Lev-Wiesel
School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Hacarmel, Haifa 31905, Israel
Child Abuse Negl 33:877-87. 2009..To investigate the extent to which childbirth may function as a retraumatization of childhood sexual abuse, and may exacerbate postpartum posttraumatic stress reactions...
- Laughing through this pain: medical clowning during examination of sexually abused children: an innovative approachDafna Tener
University of Haifa, 31905 Haifa, Israel
J Child Sex Abus 19:128-40. 2010..The medical clown was found to assist in creating a pleasant and calm atmosphere, thus improving the child's cooperation during the examination...