Lionel F Schnur
Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Canine leishmaniosis and its relationship to human visceral leishmaniasis in Eastern UzbekistanDmitriy A Kovalenko
Isaev Institute, Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Parasit Vectors 4:58. 2011..A study on the epidemiology of VL in this area was carried out in 2007-2008 in the villages of Chodak, Oltinkan, Gulistan and Chorkesar located at elevations of 900-1200 above sea level...
- Identification of geographically distributed sub-populations of Leishmania (Leishmania) major by microsatellite analysisAmer Al-Jawabreh
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Dorotheenstr, 96, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 8:183. 2008....
- Multifarious characterization of leishmania tropica from a Judean desert focus, exposing intraspecific diversity and incriminating phlebotomus sergenti as its vectorLionel F Schnur
Department of Parasitology, The Kuvin Center for the Study of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Trop Med Hyg 70:364-72. 2004..tropica strains into two clusters that were not entirely congruent with geographic distribution. These results support the heterogeneous nature of L. tropica and incriminate Ph. sergenti as its vector in this Judean Desert focus...
- Palestinian infantile visceral leishmaniasis caused by a genetic variant of Leishmania infantum belonging to a new zymodemeKhaldoun A Bader
Department of Parasitology, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Trop Med Int Health 10:618-20. 2005..infantum, MON-281...
- Outbreak of cutaneous leishmaniasis in northern IsraelRaymond L Jacobson
Department of Parasitology, The Kuvin Center for Study of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Infect Dis 188:1065-73. 2003..tropica foci. P. arabicus is the main vector, and it transmits parasites that are different from other L. tropica isolates, with respect to antigenic, molecular, and biochemical parameters...
- Comparison of PCR assays for diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasisEsther Bensoussan
Department of Parasitology, P.O. Box 12272, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 44:1435-9. 2006..2%), and the Leishmania braziliensis complex (1.9%). This suggests that a PCR using kDNA should be used for the diagnosis of CL and that an ITS1 PCR can be reliably used for the diagnosis of CL when rapid species identification is needed...
- Polymorphism among alleles of the 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase gene from Leishmania major and Leishmania tropicaCharles L Greenblatt
Department of Parasitology, Kuvin Centre for the Study of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hebrew University-Hadassah School of Medicine, Ein-Karem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Mol Biochem Parasitol 125:185-8. 2002
- Epidemiology of visceral leishmaniasis in the Jenin District, West Bank: 1989-1998Ziad A Abdeen
Health Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Al Quds University, Abu Deis, Palestinian Authority, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Trop Med Hyg 66:329-33. 2002....
- Evolution and conservation of microsatellite markers for Leishmania tropicaJan M Schwenkenbecher
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Humboldt University, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Infect Genet Evol 4:99-105. 2004..In addition to length variation, a high degree of allelic heterozygosity was seen among the strains investigated, suggestive of sexual recombination within the species L. tropica...
- Genetic and biological diversity among populations of Leishmania major from Central Asia, the Middle East and AfricaMustafa Elfari
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, , Dorotheenstr. 96, D-10098 Berlin, Germany
Microbes Infect 7:93-103. 2005..major were genetically closer to the Middle Eastern strains, and a representative one did infect fat sand rats, but they had distinct permissively primed inter-genic polymorphic PCR patterns and internal transcribed spacer 2 types...
- Distinct transmission cycles of Leishmania tropica in 2 adjacent foci, Northern IsraelMilena Svobodova
Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1860-8. 2006..The 2 foci differ with respect to parasites and vectors, but increasing peridomestic rock hyrax populations are probably responsible for emergence of cutaneous leishmaniasis in both foci...
- Microsatellite analysis reveals genetic structure of Leishmania tropicaJan M Schwenkenbecher
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Humboldt University, Charite Campus Mitte, Dorotheenstr 96, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Int J Parasitol 36:237-46. 2006..tropica appears to be predominantly clonal. In Africa and the Middle East, anthroponotic and zoonotic systems of distribution may contribute to the development of overlapping, genetically distinct populations of L. tropica...