Lionel F Schnur
Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Multilocus microsatellite typing reveals a genetic relationship but, also, genetic differences between Indian strains of Leishmania tropica causing cutaneous leishmaniasis and those causing visceral leishmaniasisLena Krayter
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
Parasit Vectors 7:123. 2014..tropica isolated from human cases of VL and to see if any genetic differences found correlated with clinical outcome presenting as either CL or VL...
- Genetic, serological and biochemical characterization of Leishmania tropica from foci in northern Palestine and discovery of zymodeme MON-307Kifaya Azmi
Al Quds Nutrition and Health Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Al Quds University, Abu Deis, P O Box 20760, West Bank, Palestine
Parasit Vectors 5:121. 2012..Many cases of cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL) have been recorded in the Jenin District based on their clinical appearance. Here, their parasites have been characterized in depth...
- Canine leishmaniosis and its relationship to human visceral leishmaniasis in Eastern UzbekistanDmitriy A Kovalenko
Isaev Institute, Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Parasit Vectors 4:58. 2011..A study on the epidemiology of VL in this area was carried out in 2007-2008 in the villages of Chodak, Oltinkan, Gulistan and Chorkesar located at elevations of 900-1200 above sea level...
- Identification of geographically distributed sub-populations of Leishmania (Leishmania) major by microsatellite analysisAmer Al-Jawabreh
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Dorotheenstr, 96, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 8:183. 2008....
- Multifarious characterization of leishmania tropica from a Judean desert focus, exposing intraspecific diversity and incriminating phlebotomus sergenti as its vectorLionel F Schnur
Department of Parasitology, The Kuvin Center for the Study of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Trop Med Hyg 70:364-72. 2004..tropica strains into two clusters that were not entirely congruent with geographic distribution. These results support the heterogeneous nature of L. tropica and incriminate Ph. sergenti as its vector in this Judean Desert focus...
- Palestinian infantile visceral leishmaniasis caused by a genetic variant of Leishmania infantum belonging to a new zymodemeKhaldoun A Bader
Department of Parasitology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Trop Med Int Health 10:618-20. 2005..infantum, MON-281...
- Outbreak of cutaneous leishmaniasis in northern IsraelRaymond L Jacobson
Department of Parasitology, The Kuvin Center for Study of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Infect Dis 188:1065-73. 2003..tropica foci. P. arabicus is the main vector, and it transmits parasites that are different from other L. tropica isolates, with respect to antigenic, molecular, and biochemical parameters...
- A newly emerged cutaneous leishmaniasis focus in northern Israel and two new reservoir hosts of Leishmania majorRoy Faiman
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, The Institute for Medical Research Israel Canada, The Kuvin Centre for the Study of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2058. 2013..tristrami as reservoirs of Leishmania. The widespread co-distribution of M. guentheri and P. papatasi, suggests a significant threat from the spread of CL caused by L. major in the Middle East, central Asia and southern Europe...
- Comparison of PCR assays for diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasisEsther Bensoussan
Department of Parasitology, P O Box 12272, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 44:1435-9. 2006..2%), and the Leishmania braziliensis complex (1.9%). This suggests that a PCR using kDNA should be used for the diagnosis of CL and that an ITS1 PCR can be reliably used for the diagnosis of CL when rapid species identification is needed...
- Epidemiology of visceral leishmaniasis in the Jenin District, West Bank: 1989-1998Ziad A Abdeen
Health Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Al Quds University, Abu Deis, Palestinian Authority, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Trop Med Hyg 66:329-33. 2002....
- Polymorphism among alleles of the 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase gene from Leishmania major and Leishmania tropicaCharles L Greenblatt
Department of Parasitology, Kuvin Centre for the Study of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine, Ein Karem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Mol Biochem Parasitol 125:185-8. 2002
- Distinct transmission cycles of Leishmania tropica in 2 adjacent foci, Northern IsraelMilena Svobodova
Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1860-8. 2006..The 2 foci differ with respect to parasites and vectors, but increasing peridomestic rock hyrax populations are probably responsible for emergence of cutaneous leishmaniasis in both foci...
- Genetic and biological diversity among populations of Leishmania major from Central Asia, the Middle East and AfricaMustafa Elfari
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Dorotheenstr 96, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
Microbes Infect 7:93-103. 2005..major were genetically closer to the Middle Eastern strains, and a representative one did infect fat sand rats, but they had distinct permissively primed inter-genic polymorphic PCR patterns and internal transcribed spacer 2 types...
- Evolution and conservation of microsatellite markers for Leishmania tropicaJan M Schwenkenbecher
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Humboldt University, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Infect Genet Evol 4:99-105. 2004..In addition to length variation, a high degree of allelic heterozygosity was seen among the strains investigated, suggestive of sexual recombination within the species L. tropica...
- Microsatellite analysis reveals genetic structure of Leishmania tropicaJan M Schwenkenbecher
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Humboldt University, Charite Campus Mitte, Dorotheenstr 96, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Int J Parasitol 36:237-46. 2006..tropica appears to be predominantly clonal. In Africa and the Middle East, anthroponotic and zoonotic systems of distribution may contribute to the development of overlapping, genetically distinct populations of L. tropica...