Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Coincident but distinct messages of midbrain dopamine and striatal tonically active neuronsGenela Morris
Department of Physiology, Hadassah Medical School, The Interdisciplinary Center for Neural Computation, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Neuron 43:133-43. 2004..We conclude that the striatal cholinergic and dopaminergic systems carry distinct messages by different means, which can be integrated differently to shape the basal ganglia responses to reward-related events...
- Lack of spike-count and spike-time correlations in the substantia nigra reticulata despite overlap of neural responsesAlon Nevet
Department of Physiology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Neurophysiol 98:2232-43. 2007..The lack of spike-timing correlations suggests that the basal high-frequency discharge of SNr neurons is not driven by the common inputs and is probably intrinsic...
- Encoding by response duration in the basal gangliaNaama Parush
Interdisciplinary Center for Neural Computation, Department of Physiology, Hadassah Medical School, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
J Neurophysiol 100:3244-52. 2008..Thus response duration is not simply correlated with the discharge rate and can provide additional information to the target structures of the BG...
- Statistical properties of pauses of the high-frequency discharge neurons in the external segment of the globus pallidusShlomo Elias
Department of Physiology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
J Neurosci 27:2525-38. 2007..These findings suggest that spontaneous GPe pauses are related to low-arousal periods and are generated by a process that is independent of the discharge properties of the cells...
- Physiological studies of information processing in the normal and Parkinsonian basal ganglia: pallidal activity in Go/No-Go task and following MPTP treatmentGenela Morris
Department of Physiology, Hadassah Medical School, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Prog Brain Res 147:285-93. 2005..However, the reinforcement driven dimensionality reduction model is consistent with both the Go/No-Go responses and the normal/MPTP correlation studies...
- Independent coding of movement direction and reward prediction by single pallidal neuronsDavid Arkadir
Department of Physiology, Hadassah Medical School, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Neurosci 24:10047-56. 2004..This is enabled by the funnel-structure characteristic of the BG architecture, as well as by the anatomical and physiological properties of GPe neurons...
- Anatomical funneling, sparse connectivity and redundancy reduction in the neural networks of the basal gangliaGenela Morris
Department of Physiology, the Interdisciplinary Center for Neural Computation and the Eric Roland Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Hadassah Medical School, The Hebrew University, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Physiol Paris 97:581-9. 2003....
- Discharge rate of substantia nigra pars reticulata neurons is reduced in non-parkinsonian monkeys with apomorphine-induced orofacial dyskinesiaAlon Nevet
Dept of Physiology, The Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem, 91120 Israel
J Neurophysiol 92:1973-81. 2004..These symptoms appear to be more related to reduced firing rate of SNr neurons and thus to disinhibition of their targets, than to changes in pattern and synchronization...
- Information processing, dimensionality reduction and reinforcement learning in the basal gangliaIzhar Bar-Gad
Center for Neural Computation, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Prog Neurobiol 71:439-73. 2003..The model provides new insights and experimental predictions on the computational capacity of the basal ganglia and their role in health and disease...
- Midbrain dopamine neurons encode decisions for future actionGenela Morris
Interdisciplinary Center for Neural Computation ICNC, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Nat Neurosci 9:1057-63. 2006....