Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- The effect of clonidine premedication on hemodynamic responses to microlaryngoscopy and rigid bronchoscopyI Matot
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah University School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Anesth Analg 91:828-33. 2000..These data should encourage routine premedication with clonidine in patients undergoing microlaryngoscopic and bronchoscopic procedures...
- Inhibitory effect of carbamazepine on inflammatory mediators produced by stimulated glial cellsI Matoth
Unit of Pediatric Neurology, Hadassah University Hospital, P O Box 12000, Il 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
Neurosci Res 38:209-12. 2000..Cumulatively, our findings point to the anti-inflammatory effect of CBZ on non-neuronal cells, which might, in part, contribute to its anticonvulsive effect...
- The protective effect of acadesine on lung ischemia-reperfusion injuryI Matot
Department of Anesthesiology and CCM, Hadassah University Medical Center, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Anesth Analg 92:590-5. 2001..In conclusion, acadesine, when administered before ischemia or reperfusion, can blunt I-R-induced lung injury. The mechanism underlying the protection remains to be elucidated...
- Pulmonary responses to selective phosphodiesterase-5 and phosphodiesterase-3 inhibitorsIdit Matot
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, PO Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Chest 125:644-51. 2004....
- Idiopathic trigeminal sensory neuropathy in childhoodI Matoth
Unit of Pediatric Neurology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Child Neurol 16:623-5. 2001..To our knowledge, we present the first clinical report of idiopathic trigeminal sensory neuropathy occurring in childhood...
- Preoperative cardiac events in elderly patients with hip fracture randomized to epidural or conventional analgesiaIdit Matot
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalen, Israel
Anesthesiology 98:156-63. 2003..Perioperative myocardial ischemia occurs in 35% of unselected elderly patients undergoing hip fracture surgery. Perioperative epidural analgesia may reduce the incidence of adverse cardiac events...
- Effectiveness of acute normovolemic hemodilution to minimize allogeneic blood transfusion in major liver resectionsIdit Matot
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah University Medical Center, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Anesthesiology 97:794-800. 2002..About 60% of transfused patients require only 1 or 2 units of blood, a blood requirement that may be accommodated by the use of acute normovolemic hemodilution (ANH)...
- Combined colon and hepatic resection for synchronous colorectal liver metastasesS Lyass
Department of Surgery, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Surg Oncol 78:17-21. 2001..The surgical strategy for the treatment of resectable synchronous hepatic metastases of colorectal cancer remains controversial. This study was performed to assess the outcome of combined resection of colorectal cancer and liver metastases...
- Asymptomatic vallecular cyst: airway management considerationsJ Rivo
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah University School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Anesth 13:383-6. 2001..Once the patient was allowed to recover from general anesthesia, the trachea could be safely intubated using a fiberoptic bronchoscope...
- Walking reduces the post-void residual volume in parturients with epidural analgesia for labor: a randomized-controlled studyC F Weiniger
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:665-72. 2009..The post-void residual volume is higher among parturients who received epidural analgesia than those who received no or alternative analgesia...