Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Effect of the Dead Sea climatotherapy for psoriasis on quality of lifeEran Kopel
Joint Research Institute on Climatotherapy for Skin Diseases at the Dead Sea, DMZ Medical Center, Dead Sea, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 15:99-102. 2013..Very few studies, however, examined the effect of climatotherapy at the Dead Sea on quality of life of such chronically ill patients...
- Cigarette smoking and correlates among ultra-orthodox Jewish malesEran Kopel
Israel Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel
Nicotine Tob Res 15:562-6. 2013..Their health habits were infrequently studied to date. We sought to determine the smoking prevalence and to find its significant correlates in the ultra-orthodox Jewish population of Israel...
- Relation of serum lactate dehydrogenase to coronary artery diseaseEran Kopel
Department of Internal Medicine C, Tel Aviv District Health Office, Ministry of Health, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Cardiol 110:1717-22. 2012..92) in the greater versus lower tertile (p for trend = 0.01). In conclusion, we suggest that increased normal-range total serum LDH is associated with reduced short-term risk of CAD outcome in this low-risk, physically active population...
- Inadequate antibody response to rabies vaccine in immunocompromised patientEran Kopel
Internal Medicine Department C, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Emerg Infect Dis 18:1493-5. 2012..An international rabies registry is needed to provide a basis for determining appropriate vaccination protocols...
- Association of serum uric acid and cardiovascular disease in healthy adultsShaye Kivity
Department of Internal Medicine A, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Am J Cardiol 111:1146-51. 2013....
- The association between serum uric Acid and diabetes mellitus is stronger in womenShaye Kivity
1 Department of Internal Medicine A, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:782-9. 2013..32-1.86) in women and 1.08 (95% CI, 0.99-1.17) in men; p for interaction of SUA by gender <0.001. Conclusion: SUA is independently associated with diabetes outcome, considerably more in women than in men. ..