Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Engineered pluripotent mesenchymal cells integrate and differentiate in regenerating bone: a novel cell-mediated gene therapyD Gazit
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Hebrew University Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
J Gene Med 1:121-33. 1999....
- Exogenously regulated stem cell-mediated gene therapy for bone regenerationI K Moutsatsos
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical and Gene Therapy Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Mol Ther 3:449-61. 2001..Thus, our results demonstrate that regulated gene expression in mesenchymal stem cells can be used as a means to control bone healing...
- Engineered human mesenchymal stem cells: a novel platform for skeletal cell mediated gene therapyG Turgeman
Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical and Gene Therapy Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Gene Med 3:240-51. 2001..Moreover, hMSCs obtained from osteoporotic patients can restore their osteogenic activity following human BMP-2 gene transduction, an important finding in the future planning of gene therapy treatment for osteoporosis...
- Estrogen modulates estrogen receptor alpha and beta expression, osteogenic activity, and apoptosis in mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) of osteoporotic miceS Zhou
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical and Gene Therapy Center, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Cell Biochem Suppl . 2001..These results suggest that mouse MSCs are anabolic targets of estrogen action, via ERalpha activation. J. Cell. Biochem. Suppl. 36: 144-155, 2001...
- Imaging transgene expression in live animalsA Honigman
Department of Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Mol Ther 4:239-49. 2001..We showed that the CCCD photon detection system is a simple, reproducible, and applicable method that enables the continuous monitoring of a gene delivery system in living animals...
- Applications of gene therapy and adult stem cells in bone bioengineeringN Kimelman
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Skeletal Biotechnology Laboratory, Hadassah Medical Campus, Ein Kerem, PO Box 12272, Jerusalem, 91120, Israel
Regen Med 1:549-61. 2006..In this review we have attempted to provide an overview of the main factors that should be considered when utilizing adult stem cells and gene therapy strategies to regenerate bone defects or to promote new bone formation in vivo...
- Ultrasound-based nonviral gene delivery induces bone formation in vivoD Sheyn
Skeletal Biotech Laboratory, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Gene Ther 15:257-66. 2008..We conclude that ultrasound-mediated osteogenic gene delivery could serve as a therapeutic solution in conditions requiring bone tissue regeneration after further development that will increase the transfection efficiency...
- BMP-6 is more efficient in bone formation than BMP-2 when overexpressed in mesenchymal stem cellsO Mizrahi
Skeletal Biotech Laboratory, Hebrew University Hadassah, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Gene Ther 20:370-7. 2013..On the basis of our findings, we conclude that BMSCs nucleofected with rhBMP-6 are superior at inducing bone formation in vivo than all other groups studied...
- Imaging using osteocalcin-luciferaseG Pelled
Skeletal Biotechnology Lab, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 4:362-3. 2004
- Internal coronal resorption of a permanent molar: a conservative approach for treatmentE Eidelman
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Pediatr Dent 21:287-90. 1997..Conservative treatment was done, which included endodontic therapy followed by coronal restoration with bonded composites. The importance of early diagnosis and treatment of the resorptive defect is stressed...
- Novel dextran-spermine conjugates as transfecting agents: comparing water-soluble and micellar polymersH Eliyahu
Laboratory of Membrane and Liposome Research, Department of Biochemistry, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Gene Ther 12:494-503. 2005..We found that the plasmids penetrate the cell nucleus without the polymer. Preliminary results in zebra fish and mice demonstrate the potential of ODS to serve as an efficient nonviral vector for in vivo transfection...
- Mesenchymal stem cells for bone gene therapy and tissue engineeringG Pelled
Skeletal Biotech Lab, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical and Gene Therapy Center, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem, Israel
Curr Pharm Des 8:1917-28. 2002..Better understanding of the molecular mechanism directing the differentiation of MSCs, will eventually allow us to properly manipulate MSCs both in vivo and ex vivo to allow the regeneration of complex tissues and organs...