Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Gamma-irradiation enhances apoptosis induced by cannabidiol, a non-psychotropic cannabinoid, in cultured HL-60 myeloblastic leukemia cellsRuth Gallily
The Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, The Hebrew University Medical Faculty, Ein Kerem Campus, Jerusalem 1120, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 44:1767-73. 2003..Caspase-3 activation was observed after the cannabinoid treatment, and may represent a mechanism for the apoptosis. Our data suggest a possible new approach to treatment of AML...
- A cannabinoid quinone inhibits angiogenesis by targeting vascular endothelial cellsNatalya M Kogan
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, Medical Faculty, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Mol Pharmacol 70:51-9. 2006..A significant decrease in the total area occupied by vessels in HU-331-treated tumors was also observed. These data lead us to consider HU-331 to have high potential as a new antiangiogenic and anticancer drug...
- Cannabidiol: an overview of some pharmacological aspectsRaphael Mechoulam
Deportment of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Pharmacol 42:11S-19S. 2002..It is possible that, in part at least, its effects are due to its recently discovered inhibition of anandamide uptake and hydrolysis and to its antioxidative effect...
- A novel synthetic, nonpsychoactive cannabinoid acid (HU-320) with antiinflammatory properties in murine collagen-induced arthritisPercy F Sumariwalla
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 50:985-98. 2004....
- New cannabidiol derivatives: synthesis, binding to cannabinoid receptor, and evaluation of their antiinflammatory activityShimon Ben-Shabat
Department of Pharmacology and School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Med Chem 49:1113-7. 2006..Surprisingly, we found that these derivatives exhibit good binding to CB(1). In addition hydrogenated CBD and CBD-DMH demonstrate bioactivities different from their original compounds...
- N-arachidonoyl L-serine, an endocannabinoid-like brain constituent with vasodilatory propertiesGarry Milman
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, Medical Faculty, and Laboratory of Environmental Physiology, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2428-33. 2006..Many of these effects parallel those reported for abnormal cannabidiol (Abn-CBD), a synthetic agonist of a putative novel cannabinoid-type receptor. Hence, ARA-S may represent an endogenous agonist for this receptor...
- Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD miceLola Weiss
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cancer Immunotherapy, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Neuropharmacology 54:244-9. 2008..Our data strengthen our previous assumption that CBD, known to be safe in man, can possibly be used as a therapeutic agent for treatment of type 1 diabetes...
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive Cannabis constituent, protects against myocardial ischemic reperfusion injuryRonen Durst
Cardiology Department, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H3602-7. 2007..Inasmuch as CBD has previously been administered to humans without causing side effects, it may represent a promising novel treatment for myocardial ischemia...
- Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits cell cycle progression by downregulation of E2F1 in human glioblastoma multiforme cellsGil Galanti
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Science, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Acta Oncol 47:1062-70. 2008..Here we used several experimental approaches, which identified delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta(9)-THC) as an essential mediator of cannabinoid antitumoral action...