Affiliation: The Hebrew University
- Postanesthetic cerebellar dysfunction in catsMerav Shamir
Neurology and Neurosurgery Department, Koret School of Veterinanry Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
J Vet Intern Med 18:368-9. 2004..Ketamine was the only anesthetic drug that had been used with all cats. It might be that a genetic component predisposes Persian cross cats to nonreversible cerebellar damage after exposure to an anesthetic dose of ketamine...
- Bite wounds involving the spine: characteristics, therapy and outcome in seven casesOrit Chai
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Vet J 175:259-65. 2008..Although, the numbers of reported cases are limited, this study shows that adequate surgical debridement and wound drainage combined with external coaptation can be sufficient to manage bite wounds that involve the spine...
- Computed tomographic analysis of calvarial hyperostosis in captive lionsRuth Gross-Tsubery
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 51:34-8. 2010..CT is useful for detection of the calvarial abnormalities in lions and may be useful in further defining this syndrome...
- Spontaneous intradural disc herniation with focal distension of the subarachnoid space in a dogItai Barnoon
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Can Vet J 53:1191-4. 2012..Full return to function was achieved 10 days post-surgery. The distension was likely secondary to the intradural herniation, and is a rare and distinct finding...
- Magnetic resonance imaging findings of spinal intramedullary spirocercosisOrit Chai
Neurology Department, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 49:456-9. 2008..Gross and microscopic pathologic findings confirmed the diagnosis of aberrant spinal intramedullary migration of S. lupi in one dog, and in the other dog, the clinical and imaging findings were supportive of this diagnosis...
- A method for intervertebral space distraction before stabilization combined with complete ventral slot for treatment of disc-associated wobbler syndrome in dogsMerav H Shamir
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Vet Surg 37:186-92. 2008..To evaluate the use of a modified K-wire spacer for maintaining intervertebral distraction after ventral decompression and during stabilization as a treatment for disc-associated wobbler syndrome in large breed dogs...
- Polioencephalomyelopathy in a mixed breed dog resembling Leigh's diseaseOrit Chai
Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel Chai, Milgram, Shamir Weizmann Institute of Science, PO Box 26, Rehovot 76100, Israel Brenner
Can Vet J 56:59-62. 2015..This syndrome has previously been reported only in purebred dogs. ..
- Sub-occipital craniectomy in a lion (Panthera leo) with occipital bone malformation and hypovitaminosis AMerav H Shamir
Neurology and Neurosurgery Service, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
J Zoo Wildl Med 39:455-9. 2008..While conservative treatment failed, suboccipital craniectomy removed the thickened occipital bone and was demonstrated to be a successful surgical intervention that can be used to treat more severely affected lions...
- Reversible paralysis and loss of deep pain sensation after topical intrathecal morphine administration following durotomyYael Chamisha
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, The Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Vet Surg 44:41-5. 2015..To report 2 dogs that developed temporary pelvic limb paralysis with loss of deep pain sensation after topical intrathecal morphine administration during spinal surgery...
- Spinal intramedullary aberrant Spirocerca lupi migration in 3 dogsEran Dvir
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies, Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort, Republic of South Africa
J Vet Intern Med 21:860-4. 2007