Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- Effect of N-acetylcysteine on air trapping in COPD: a randomized placebo-controlled studyDavid Stav
Pulmonary Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin 70300, Israel
Chest 136:381-6. 2009..In animal models of COPD, N-acetylcysteine (NAC), an antioxidant/mucous modifier, has been shown to modify small airways, which mainly causes lung hyperinflation...
- Prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among smokers aged 45 and up in IsraelDavid Stav
Pulmonary Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:800-2. 2007..The major cause of the disease is smoking. Despite the gravity of the problem there is no knowledge of its rate in the Israeli smoking population...
- Three years of pulmonary rehabilitation: inhibit the decline in airflow obstruction, improves exercise endurance time, and body-mass index, in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDavid Stav
Pulmonary Institute, Tel Aviv University, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerrifin, Israel
BMC Pulm Med 9:26. 2009..The aim of the study was to examine the efficacy of a 3 year outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation (PR) program for COPD patients on pulmonary function, exercise capability, and body mass index (BMI)...
- Morbidity and Mortality after Major Pulmonary Resections in Patients with Locally Advanced Stage IIIA Non-small Cell Lung Carcinoma Who Underwent Induction TherapyMichael Peer
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel Electronic address
Heart Lung Circ 24:69-76. 2015....
- Lobectomy for non-small cell lung cancer: differences in morbidity and mortality between thoracotomy and thoracoscopyMichael Papiashvilli
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Innovations (Phila) 7:15-22. 2012..We analyzed and compared postoperative complications, hospital stay, morbidity, and mortality after TL and VATS-L in patients with non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC)...
- Gene expression subtraction of non-cancerous lung from smokers and non-smokers with adenocarcinoma, as a predictor for smokers developing lung cancerDavid Stav
Pulmonary Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerrifin 70300, Israel
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 27:45. 2008..Detecting specific genes expression changes in non-cancerous lung in smokers with adenocarcinoma may give us instrument for predicting smokers who are going to develop this malignancy...
- Thoracic empyema in high-risk patients: conservative management or surgery?Ilan Bar
Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 18:337-43. 2010..Intrapleural urokinase administration might be beneficial in high-risk patients, but in those without significant comorbidities, early surgery may be considered...
- Normal and elevated HbA1C levels correlate with severity of hypoxemia in patients with obstructive sleep apnea and decrease following CPAP treatmentIsaac Shpirer
The Institute of Pulmonary Medicine, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Zerifin, 70300, Israel
Sleep Breath 16:461-6. 2012..Also, the effect of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment on HbA1C levels in patients with sleep apnea is controversial...
- Large solitary fibrous tumour of the pleura: analysis of six casesIlan Bar
General Thoracic Surgery Unit, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin 70300, Israel
Heart Lung Circ 16:282-4. 2007..The aim of this study was to retrospectively review the clinical characteristics, surgical treatment and outcome of patients with a large SFTP operated on in our General Thoracic Surgery Unit...
- Cervical mediastinoscopic lymphadenectomy for accurate staging in lung cancerIlan Bar
General Thoracic Surgery Unit, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 17:357-61. 2009..Ten (6.5%) residual lymph nodes were detected at thoracotomy in mediastinal stations R4, L4, and 7. The low number of missed lymph nodes demonstrates the accuracy of the technique of cervical mediastinoscopic lymphadenectomy...
- A pilot prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of bilevel positive airway pressure in acute asthmatic attackArie Soroksky
Pulmonary Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Chest 123:1018-25. 2003....
- The Inhaled Steroid Treatment As Regular Therapy in Early Asthma (START) study 5-year follow-up: effectiveness of early intervention with budesonide in mild persistent asthmaWilliam W Busse
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, J5 219 CSC, Box 2454, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1167-74. 2008....
- Asthma and whirlpool bathsDavid Stav
N Engl J Med 353:1635-6. 2005