Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- Clinical and immune responses after revaccination of israeli adults with the Lister strain of vaccinia virusNadav Orr
Center for Vaccine Development and Evaluation, Israel Defense Force, and Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
J Infect Dis 190:1295-302. 2004..During the winter of 2002-2003, the Israeli health authorities launched a campaign to vaccinate first responders against smallpox...
- Long-term immunity in young adults after a single dose of inactivated Hepatitis A vaccinesNadav Orr
Center for Vaccine Development and Evaluation, IDF, Israel
Vaccine 24:4328-32. 2006..004). This study indicates that a single dose of inactivated HAV vaccine elicits protective immune memory for at least 2 years...
- Postexposure treatment with doxycycline for the prevention of tick-borne relapsing feverTal Hasin
Medical Corps, Israel Defense Force, Military Post 02149, Tel Aviv, Israel
N Engl J Med 355:148-55. 2006..Tick-borne relapsing fever (TBRF) is an acute febrile illness. In Israel, TBRF is caused by Borrelia persica and is transmitted by Ornithodoros tholozani ticks. We examined the safety and efficacy of postexposure treatment to prevent TBRF...
- Detection of relapsing fever in human blood samples from Israel using PCR targeting the glycerophosphodiester phosphodiesterase (GlpQ) geneTamar Halperin
Center for Infectious Disease Research, Medical Corps, IDF, M P O Box 02149, Israel
Acta Trop 98:189-95. 2006..A second modified GlpQ PCR was able to discriminate between probable B. persica and B. recurrentis and B. crocidurae infection. This study describes the first molecular assay for the diagnosis of relapsing fever caused by B. persica...
- Immunosuppressive treatments reduce long-term immunity to smallpox among patients with breast cancerItay Wiser
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Infect Dis 201:1527-34. 2010..Vaccination of subjects who received immunosuppressive therapies is problematic because of smallpox vaccine reactogenicity. Moreover, long-term immunity to vaccinia might be affected...
- An inverse and independent association between Helicobacter pylori infection and the incidence of shigellosis and other diarrheal diseasesDani Cohen
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Clin Infect Dis 54:e35-42. 2012..We examined the association between Helicobacter pylori infection and the incidence of diarrheal diseases...
- Community-based safety, immunogenicity, and transmissibility study of the Shigella sonnei WRSS1 vaccine in Israeli volunteersNadav Orr
Center for Vaccine Development and Evaluation, Medical Corps, Israel Defense Force, Tel Aviv, Israel
Infect Immun 73:8027-32. 2005..None of the 45 household contacts were colonized with WRSS1 after a cumulative 192 days of cohabitation with colonized vaccinees, suggesting that adventitious vaccine spread was not common in the community setting...