Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- Effect of honey on nocturnal cough and sleep quality: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyHerman Avner Cohen
Pediatric Ambulatory Community Clinic, Petach Tikva, Israel
Pediatrics 130:465-71. 2012....
- Handwashing patterns in two dermatology clinicsH A Cohen
Pediatric Ambulatory Center, Department of Family Medicine, Petach Tiqwa, Israel
Dermatology 205:358-61. 2002..The hands of health care workers are a major source of nosocomial infection. Studies conducted mainly in intensive-care units and emergency departments have shown low compliance with hand hygiene recommendation...
- Effectiveness of an herbal preparation containing echinacea, propolis, and vitamin C in preventing respiratory tract infections in children: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter studyHerman A Cohen
Pediatric and Adolescent Ambulatory Community Clinic, Petach Tikva, Israel
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:217-21. 2004..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of a preparation containing echinacea, propolis, and vitamin C in the prevention of respiratory tract infections in children during a 12-week winter period...
- Infectious complications of implantable ports and Hickman catheters in paediatric haematology-oncology patientsA Adler
Unit of Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Hospital Infection Control, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, affiliated with Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Hosp Infect 62:358-65. 2006..68, P = 0.005] and for catheter removal due to complications (OR -2.0, P < 0.001). Implantable ports may be considered the preferred device for most paediatric oncology and stem cell transplantation patients...
- Risk factors for sternal wound infection in children undergoing cardiac surgery: a case-control studyE Ben-Ami
Paediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Hosp Infect 70:335-40. 2008..Specific risks for Gram-negative infections are identified and should help to introduce new preventive strategies to decrease the incidence and severity of SWI...
- Outbreak of Mycobacterium mucogenicum bacteraemia due to contaminated water supply in a paediatric haematology-oncology departmentG Livni
Unit of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Hosp Infect 70:253-8. 2008..This investigation emphasises the three major factors that should be investigated in outbreaks due to a waterborne pathogen: source of the infection, water supply and infection control practices...
- Risk factors associated with candidaemia in the neonatal intensive care unit: a case-control studyN Linder
Department of Neonatal Intensive Care, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva 49202, Israel
J Hosp Infect 57:321-4. 2004..38%. Maximizing in-utero steroid treatment in high-risk pregnancies, minimizing the days of mechanical ventilation and investment of efforts in prevention of bacteraemia may help to reduce the incidence of candidaemia in the NICU...
- Nosocomial infections after cardiac surgery in infants and children: incidence and risk factorsI Levy
Infectious Disease Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva
J Hosp Infect 53:111-6. 2003..High complexity score, neonatal age, prolonged ICU stay, and open chest postoperatively are risk factors of HAI in this patient population...
- Drug-resistant HIV infection among drug-naive patients in IsraelZ Grossman
National HIV Reference Laboratory, PHL, MOH, Central Virology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621 Israel
Clin Infect Dis 40:294-302. 2005..These groups are distinguished demographically by risk behavior category and by virus subtype. We investigated transmission of drug resistance within groups to assess the impact of these factors...
- Changing distribution of Candida species isolated from sterile and nonsterile sites in IsraelZ Samra
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:542-5. 2002..The prevalence of Candida parapsilosis decreased significantly in nonsterile sites, from 31% to 23% (P=0.0002). Continuous surveys of the distribution of Candida spp. and analysis of the clinical significance of changes are warranted...
- The laparoscopic option in the management of peritoneal dialysis catheter revisionA Ovnat
Department of Surgery B, Soroka University Medical Center, Goldman Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva 84101, Israel
Surg Endosc 16:698-9. 2002..Over a median follow-up of 21 months all PDCs treated this way are functioning. CONCLUSIONS: The laparoscopic management of malfunctioning PDCs is a valid option for the treatment of such a complication...
- Technetium-labeled red blood cell imaging to evaluate soft tissue hemangioma of the handI Levy
Department of Pediatrics, Beilinson Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Pediatr Dermatol 5:47-9. 1988..The usefulness and the importance of the method prior to surgical biopsy or resection are discussed...