Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- Recombinant human erythropoietin attenuates hepatic injury induced by ischemia/reperfusion in an isolated mouse liver modelEdith Hochhauser
Cardiac Research Laboratory of Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Apoptosis 13:77-86. 2008..The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of different regimens of rhEPO in preventing apoptosis following I/R-induced hepatic injury...
- Bax deficiency reduces infarct size and improves long-term function after myocardial infarctionE Hochhauser
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Cell Biochem Biophys 47:11-20. 2007..The Bax gene appears to play a significant role in the post-MI response that should be further investigated...
- Bax ablation protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in transgenic miceEdith Hochhauser
Cardiac Research Laboratory, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H2351-9. 2003..The superior tolerance of Bax knockout hearts to I/R injury recommends this gene as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in patients with severe and intractable myocardial ischemia...
- Role of adenosine receptor activation in antioxidant enzyme regulation during ischemia-reperfusion in the isolated rat heartEdith Hochhauser
The Cardiac Research Laboratory of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Antioxid Redox Signal 6:335-44. 2004..This protection was partially related to the higher myocardial activity of superoxide dismutase and catalase...
- The protective effect of prior ischemia reperfusion adenosine A1 or A3 receptor activation in the normal and hypertrophied heartEdith Hochhauser
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Cardiac Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva 49100, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:363-8. 2007..In addition, we examined the p38 MAPK activation in this process...
- Dual effect of erythropoietin on liver protection and regeneration after subtotal hepatectomy in ratsFranklin Greif
Department of Surgery A, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Liver Transpl 16:631-8. 2010..05) in comparison with the control group. In conclusion, rhEPO treatment may offer a unique beneficial dual-function strategy for hepatic protection and regeneration immediately after subtotal hepatectomy in rats...
- Exercise training improves cardiac function and attenuates arrhythmia in CPVT miceEfrat Kurtzwald-Josefson
Leviev Heart Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Appl Physiol (1985) 113:1677-83. 2012..We conclude that, in KO mice, which recapitulate the phenotype of human CPVT2, exercise training is well tolerated and could offer a strategy for heart conditioning against stress-induced arrhythmia...
- Bax ablation protects against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury in transgenic miceZiv Ben-Ari
Liver Institute and Department of Medicine D, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Liver Transpl 13:1181-8. 2007..In conclusion, The better tolerance of Bax knockout livers to I/R injury suggests that the Bax gene may serve as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in hepatic I/R injury...
- Erythropoietin increases survival and attenuates fulminant hepatic failure injury induced by D-galactosamine/lipopolysaccharide in miceZiv Ben-Ari
Liver Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tikva, Israel
Transplantation 92:18-24. 2011..Erythropoietin has a powerful tissue-protective effect in animal models. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect and mechanism of recombinant human erythropoietin (rhEPO) administration in FHF mice...
- The role of excessive versus acute administration of erythropoietin in attenuating hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injuryOrit Pappo
Department of Histopathology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:1130-7. 2010..However, in excessive EPO overexpression, the initial liver injury abolished the beneficial effect of EPO. These findings have important implications for the potential use of acute EPO in I/R injury during liver transplantation...
- Reduced hepatic injury in Toll-like receptor 4-deficient mice following D-galactosamine/lipopolysaccharide-induced fulminant hepatic failureZiv Ben Ari
Liver Institute, Beilinson Hospital Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Cell Physiol Biochem 29:41-50. 2012..Down-regulation of TLR4 expression plays a pivotal role in GalN/LPS induced FHF. These findings might have important implications for the use of the anti TLR4 protein signaling as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in FHF...
- Increased glycogen stores due to gamma-AMPK overexpression protects against ischemia and reperfusion damageMichal Ofir
The Cardiac Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tikva 49100, Israel
Biochem Pharmacol 75:1482-91. 2008..These findings demonstrate the potential of heart protection from ischemia and reperfusion injury through metabolic manipulation increasing the level and utilization of myocardial glycogen...
- The role of mutant protein level in autosomal recessive catecholamine dependent polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT2)Guy Katz
Leviev Heart Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler School of, Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Biochem Pharmacol 86:1576-83. 2013..Its expression decreases with age and is inversely related to arrhythmia severity. Preventing the degradation of mutant protein should be explored as a possible therapeutic strategy in appropriate CPVT2 patients...
- Uridine-5'-triphosphate protects against hepatic- ischemic/reperfusion injury in miceZiv Ben-Ari
Liver Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Transplantation 87:1155-62. 2009..ATP and UTP binds to cell membranes of the hepatocytes through P2Y receptors. Our aim was to investigate the role of UTP on the hepatic injury induced by ischemia...
- Elevated level of pro-inflammatory eicosanoids and EPC dysfunction in diabetic patients with cardiac ischemiaYossi Issan
Cardiac Research Laboratory at the Felsenstein Medical Research Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva and the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 100:15-21. 2013....
- Rosiglitazone and bezafibrate modulate gene expression in a rat model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease--a historical prospectiveHemda Schmilovitz-Weiss
Division of Gastroenterology, Rabin Medical Center, Hasharon Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
Lipids Health Dis 12:41. 2013..Our aim was to characterize three genes involved in a rat model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and investigate the effect of rosiglitazone and bezafibrate...
- Optimizing catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia therapy in calsequestrin-mutant miceGuy Katz
Heart Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Heart Rhythm 7:1676-82. 2010..Beta-adrenergic blockers are the therapy of choice but fail to control arrhythmia in up to 50% of patients...
- Bone marrow and nonbone marrow Toll like receptor 4 regulate acute hepatic injury induced by endotoxemiaEdith Hochhauser
Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e73041. 2013..We examined whether hepatic Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is involved in the acute hepatic injury caused by the administration of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) (septic shock model)...
- Role of anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha in ischemia/reperfusion injury in isolated rat liver in a blood-free environmentZiv Ben-Ari
Liver Institute and Department of Medicine D, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Transplantation 73:1875-80. 2002..Specifically, its effect on liver cell apoptosis through the modulation of caspase activity was examined in a blood-free environment...
- [AMP-activated protein kinase: how a mistake in energy gauge causes glycogen storage]Michal Ofir
The Cardiac Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva
Harefuah 146:770-5, 813-4. 2007..Will AMPK ever emerge as a therapeutic target? Bench experiments suggest its potential in treating diabetes, ischemia and cell cycle regulation but much work is needed until these developments reach the bedside...
- Popeye domain containing 1 (Popdc1/Bves) is a caveolae-associated protein involved in ischemia toleranceYifat Alcalay
The Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e71100. 2013..The results indicate that Popdc1 is a caveolae-associated protein important for the preservation of caveolae structural and functional integrity and for heart protection. ..
- P2Y2 receptor agonist with enhanced stability protects the heart from ischemic damage in vitro and in vivoEdith Hochhauser
Cardiac Research Laboratory of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Petach Tikva, Israel
Purinergic Signal 9:633-42. 2013..05) and c-Jun phosphorylation increased. Thus, P2Y2R activation protects cardiomyocytes from hypoxia in vitro and reduces post-ischemic myocardial damage in vivo. ..
- Endothelial progenitor cell function inversely correlates with long-term glucose control in diabetic patients: association with the attenuation of the heme oxygenase-adiponectin axisYossi Issan
Cardiac Research Laboratory, The Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Can J Cardiol 28:728-36. 2012....
- Protective effect of Bax ablation against cell loss in the retinal ganglion layer induced by optic nerve crush in transgenic miceNitza Goldenberg-Cohen
Department of Ophthalmology, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
J Neuroophthalmol 31:331-8. 2011..This study sought to elucidate the role of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway in RGCs using a Bax transgenic knockout mouse model...
- Vasoreactivity and histology of the radial artery: comparison of open versus endoscopic approachesBenjamin Medalion
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Israel
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:845-9. 2008..To assess this hypothesis, radial artery segments harvested endoscopically or conventionally were studied for reactivity and integrity...
- TPEN attenuates hepatic apoptotic ischemia/ reperfusion injury and remote early cardiac dysfunctionE Hochhauser
The Cardiac Research Laboratory of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Apoptosis 10:53-62. 2005..In conclusion, TPEN attenuates post-ischemic apoptotic hepatic injury by modulating caspase-3-like activity and reduces the cardioactive substances released from the liver...
- Effect of adenosine A2A receptor agonist (CGS) on ischemia/reperfusion injury in isolated rat liverZ Ben-Ari
Liver Institute and Department of Medicine D, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva 49100, Israel
Apoptosis 10:955-62. 2005..Apoptotic hepatic injury seems to be mediated through caspase-3 activity...
- Uridine-5'-triphosphate (UTP) reduces infarct size and improves rat heart function after myocardial infarctSmadar Yitzhaki
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Biochem Pharmacol 72:949-55. 2006..The resulting cardioprotection following UTP treatment post ischemia demonstrates a reduction in mitochondrial calcium overload, which can explain the beneficial effect of UTP...
- Uridine-5'-triphosphate (UTP) maintains cardiac mitochondrial function following chemical and hypoxic stressSmadar Yitzhaki
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, 52900 Israel
J Mol Cell Cardiol 43:653-62. 2007..We suggest that UTP may act as an uncoupling agent, which exerts a modest mitochondrial depolarization, resulting in a reduction of Ca(2+) uptake, preserving mitochondrial activity, thereby reducing cell damage during hypoxia...