Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- GABA signaling: a conserved and ubiquitous mechanismNicolas Bouche
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Direction des Sciences du Vivant, Service de Bioenergetique, 91191, Gif sur Yvette, France
Trends Cell Biol 13:607-10. 2003..Here, we discuss recent findings that point towards a possible role for GABA as a signaling molecule in plants...
- Calmodulin-binding transcription activator 1 mediates auxin signaling and responds to stresses in ArabidopsisYael Galon
Department of Plant Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Planta 232:165-78. 2010..Thus, CAMTA1 participates in auxin signaling and responds to abiotic stresses...
- Calmodulin-binding transcription activator (CAMTA) 3 mediates biotic defense responses in ArabidopsisYael Galon
Department of Plant Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
FEBS Lett 582:943-8. 2008..Moreover, both mutants accumulated high levels of H2O2. We suggest that CAMTA3 regulates the expression of a set of genes involved in biotic defense responses...
- The root-specific glutamate decarboxylase (GAD1) is essential for sustaining GABA levels in ArabidopsisNicolas Bouche
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Direction des Sciences du Vivant, Service de Bioenergetique, Gif sur Yvette, France
Plant Mol Biol 55:315-25. 2004..Our results show that the root-specific calcium/calmodulin-regulated GAD1 plays a major role in GABA synthesis in plants under normal growth conditions and in response to stress...
- GABA in plants: just a metabolite?Nicolas Bouche
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Direction des Sciences du Vivant, Service de Bioenergetique, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Trends Plant Sci 9:110-5. 2004
- Arabidopsis inositol polyphosphate 6-/3-kinase is a nuclear protein that complements a yeast mutant lacking a functional ArgR-Mcm1 transcription complexHui Jun Xia
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Plant Cell 15:449-63. 2003..RNA gel blot analysis and promoter-beta-glucuronidase reporter gene studies demonstrated AtIpk2beta gene expression in various organs tested. These data suggest a role for AtIpk2beta as a transcriptional control mediator in plants...
- Mutants of GABA transaminase (POP2) suppress the severe phenotype of succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase (ssadh) mutants in ArabidopsisFrank Ludewig
Botanical Institute, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3383. 2008..However, to date, genetic investigations of the relationships between enzymes of the GABA shunt have not been reported...
- GABA shunt deficiencies and accumulation of reactive oxygen intermediates: insight from Arabidopsis mutantsAaron Fait
Department of Plant Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
FEBS Lett 579:415-20. 2005..These results provide novel evidence for the relationship between the GABA shunt and ROI, which may, in part, explain the phenotype of SSADH-deficient plants and animals...
- Cyclic nucleotide-gated channels in plantsBoaz Kaplan
Nirit Seeds Ltd, Moshav Hadar Ham 42935, Israel
FEBS Lett 581:2237-46. 2007..The picture emerging, albeit still fragmented, is of proteins with diverse functions in the control of ion homeostasis, development, and defense against biotic and abiotic threats...
- Highway or byway: the metabolic role of the GABA shunt in plantsAaron Fait
Department Willmitzer, Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Trends Plant Sci 13:14-9. 2008..We further evaluate technological developments that will likely allow us to address the quantitative importance of this shunt within the biological processes to which it contributes...
- Mitochondrial type-I prohibitins of Arabidopsis thaliana are required for supporting proficient meristem developmentOlivier Van Aken
Department of Plant Systems Biology, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology, 9052 Gent, Belgium
Plant J 52:850-64. 2007..We propose that plant type-I PHBs take part in protein complexes that are necessary for proficient mitochondrial function or biogenesis, thereby supporting cell division and differentiation in apical tissues...
- Rapid transcriptome changes induced by cytosolic Ca2+ transients reveal ABRE-related sequences as Ca2+-responsive cis elements in ArabidopsisBoaz Kaplan
Department of Plant Sciences, Weizman Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Plant Cell 18:2733-48. 2006..Thus, at least for some specific Ca(2+) transients and motif combinations, ABREs function as Ca(2+)-responsive cis elements...
- C-terminal residues of plant glutamate decarboxylase are required for oligomerization of a high-molecular weight complex and for activation by calcium/calmodulinMoriyah Zik
Department of Life Sciences, Ben-Gurion University, POB 653, Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
Biochim Biophys Acta 1764:872-6. 2006..We suggest that evolution of plant GAD from a bacterial ancestral enzyme involved the formation of higher molecular weight complexes required for activation by Ca2+/CaM...
- Plant-specific calmodulin-binding proteinsNicolas Bouche
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, 78026 Versailles, France
Annu Rev Plant Biol 56:435-66. 2005..The review also addresses aspects emerging from recent structural studies of CaM interactions with target proteins relevant to plants...
- Mitochondrial succinic-semialdehyde dehydrogenase of the gamma-aminobutyrate shunt is required to restrict levels of reactive oxygen intermediates in plantsNicolas Bouche
School of Biology, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6843-8. 2003..Our work establishes a role for the GABA shunt in preventing the accumulation of reactive oxygen intermediates and cell death, which appears to be essential for plant defense against environmental stress...
- A novel family of calmodulin-binding transcription activators in multicellular organismsNicolas Bouche
School of Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:21851-61. 2002..2 nm) in the presence of calcium. We suggest that CAMTAs comprise a conserved family of transcription factors in a wide range of multicellular eukaryotes, which possibly respond to calcium signaling by direct binding of calmodulin...
- Electrophysiological analysis of cloned cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channelsQiang Leng
Department of Plant Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 4067, USA
Plant Physiol 128:400-10. 2002..Addition of a lipophilic analog of cAMP to the perfusion bath of oocytes injected with NtCBP4 and AtCNGC1 cRNAs induced inward rectified, noninactivating K(+) currents...