Affiliation: Tel Aviv University
- Quality of life self-assessment as a function of lateralization of lesion in candidates for epilepsy surgeryF Andelman
Department of Neurosurgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Epilepsia 42:549-55. 2001....
- Lateralization of deficit in self-awareness of memory in patients with intractable epilepsyFani Andelman
Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Department of Neurosurgery Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv
Epilepsia 45:826-33. 2004..This discrepancy may reflect emotional, cognitive, or self-awareness deficits among these individuals. The aim of the current study was to explore the interference of cerebral dysfunction on accuracy of self-appraisal for memory...
- Contribution of neuropsychology to epilepsy surgeryFani Andelman
Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Department of Neurosurgery, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 41:125-32. 2004..The Wada test is used to determine the cerebral speech dominance, to predict postsurgical amnesia and is found to be useful in predicting laterality of seizure focus in candidates for temporal lobectomy...
- Possible remote functional reorganization in left temporal lobe epilepsyS Kipervasser
EEG and Epilepsy Unit, Department of Neurology, Wohl Institute for Advanced Imaging, Tel Aviv, Israel
Acta Neurol Scand 117:324-31. 2008..To provide functional magnetic resonance imaging-based insight into the impact of left temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE) on language-related functional re-organization...
- Is there any correlation between severity of epilepsy and cognitive abilities in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy?U Kramer
Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Neurol 13:130-4. 2006..These findings support the hypothesis that factors other than repetitive seizures are responsible for cognitive dysfunction among adolescents and adults...
- A revised intracarotid etomidate memory (Wada) procedureF Andelman
Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Department of Neurosurgery, Tel Aviv Medical Centre, Israel
Acta Neurol Scand 127:97-102. 2013....
- Hippocampal memory function as reflected by the intracarotid sodium methohexital Wada testFani Andelman
Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Epilepsy Behav 9:579-86. 2006..IAP scores related better to standard neuropsychological memory test scores than did IMP scores. The anesthetic drug used in Wada testing may affect lateralized memory assessment and prediction of postsurgical memory changes...
- Effects of topiramate on memory performance on the intracarotid amobarbital (Wada) testSvetlana Kipervasser
EEG and Epilepsy Unit, Department of Neurology, Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Epilepsy Behav 5:197-203. 2004..02). We conclude that a possible adverse effect of TPM on memory performance should be considered when evaluating the Wada test memory scores of patients on TPM therapy...
- Predictive value of Wada memory scores on postoperative learning and memory abilities in patients with intractable epilepsyFani Andelman
Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Department of Neurosurgery, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Neurosurg 104:20-6. 2006..Evidence for the contribution of deactivating the contralateral healthy hemisphere remains inconclusive...
- Enhanced category tuning revealed by intracranial electroencephalograms in high-order human visual areasEran Privman
School of Computer Science, Sackler Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Neurosci 27:6234-42. 2007..A plausible interpretation of the fMRI and iEEG results concerns cortical organization in which object categories are organized in a mosaic of narrowly tuned object-selective clusters...